Fee Calculations

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JTrader7, May 29, 2006.

1. I have never used this but did a search and found this software:

http://www.fundcount.com/

#11     Jun 1, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

if a client is on 10:1 leverage and the client is charged 2 per cent on the notational amount that comes to 20 per cent of the investment

seems doubtful.

#12     Jun 1, 2006
  3. Assuming you make new highs every month try a daily calculator which actually seems most appropriate for a scalper/arbitrator such as myself...

This is a Retail Spot Forex Account and the client is invoiced and it is up to him if he wants to withdraw from his account, that remains in his name. This is an unregualted version of what I feel is the correct way to calculate with. It is a fully liquid account and inflows and outflows do not matter to me or the calculations. There is no lock-up. All questions as to new highs and what and when is under management is answered with this way.

Managed Futures is different, the CTA can withdraw his pay from the account himself. There is a specific way to calculate and must be in your disclosure docs or the NFA will not approve them.

Press the sample managed account tab. The only part to fill in is the white column...you could eliminate it and it would be all automatic...

Michael B.

P.S. The problem that I am having is that I can only trade a few accounts in Retail Spot Forex as my dealer/marketmaker does not offer block trading. Other than a Fund...which is hard as Retail Spot Forex is unregulated and it is hard to get accredited investors to plunk money in.

#13     Jun 1, 2006
  4. range

range

Huge incentive to boost the notional by hedging!

#14     Jun 1, 2006
  5. Corrected sorry...I did not know anybody would use this...You will need to have some knowledge of excel to use this and update it...

#15     Jun 1, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

good thought.i have a few bridges like the london bridge the brooklyn bridge for sale cheap. a 2 per cent fee based upon some notational value is a hedge fund manager's wet dream.

cavendish we are waiting for your response

#16     Jun 1, 2006
  7. JTrader7

JTrader7

Hi ElectricSavant - many thanks for posting your spreadsheet, that's a great help!

Good trading.

Best regards
    JTrader

#17     Jun 1, 2006
  8. I think you are confusing leverage within a fund and the funding level it takes to put on positions supporting a notional.

eg if a hedge fund was given $10m by an individual that $10m would be split so that only say half would be used for putting on positions. the otehr half would sit in a bank or buy a capital guarantee.

an institution is very likely to instead of give $10m and have half sat idle, give the fund $5m to support positions of a $5m dollar account, and use the rest elsewhere. the gross exposure figure is then calculated from the notional, eg £60,000 for a FTSE future exposure/$10m notional, fund would be paid on notional, not cash allocated.

#18     Apr 4, 2007