Fed's Kohn on Crack. See's Inflation Moderating

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ivanovich, Feb 26, 2008.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Fed and US government are responsible directly for all this commodity inflation

#51     Feb 26, 2008
  2. That's good. When faced with a losing point, internet posters will point out grammar, spelling or sentence structure issues.

I think you understand my statement. I accept your weak jab as admit of defeat, however. Better luck next time!

#52     Feb 26, 2008
  3. "Only way to fix it, is SUPPORT THE $USD

By higher interest rates.

History does repeat - Volker may get the call !!

Let the market adjust."

All this stupid POS currency manipulation going to haunt the world for along time. Instead of adjusting two years ago, idiot china decided it wanted to play this game longer. Where is the breaking point? Out of control inflation.

#53     Feb 26, 2008
  4. No not at all.

You continue to conveniently FAIL TO ADDRESS what happens to Corporate America and the U.S. Economy ( and the banking system ) by targeting inflation.

You simply say, "But all the banks will be just FINE!"
    :D

If anything, it is you who have not addressed my question in the last couple of posts. You continue to avoid answering it with any solid evidence, support, or substantive thought.

#54     Feb 26, 2008
  5. Really now?
    The FED has had the money spigot "FULL ON"?

Where is the evidence that lends support to your claim? Care to show us all a few charts of the various monetary measures of Money Supply?

You keep pounding the table about how the FED is PUMPING so much money into the system, yet FED FUNDS continue to trade at a full point above the 2-year Treasure Note yield. You obviously do not understand monetary policy very well if you think that the "spigot" if FULL ON.

Next time, try supporting your claims with some factual evidence.

It might help with your credibility.

#55     Feb 26, 2008
  6. Yes let the mis-managed banks fail you bet. Let the strong survive and the weak fail. If the credit market is seizing up their is a good reason for that. The fed should not try and fix every damm problem in the financial markets.

#56     Feb 26, 2008
  7. You really don't get it do you?

There are tremendous DEFLATIONARY forces going on in the banking system. The FED cannot avoid those DEFLATIONARY forces, otherwise there will be a "Depresssion" that makes the 1929-1932 period look like a cakewalk.

And yet you claim that this is about"fixing every little damn problem in the financial markets."

You obviously have a total lack of understanding regarding the MAGNITUDE of this issue.
    Go figure.

#57     Feb 26, 2008
  8. You assert that the "biggest aspect of inflation is the speculative hedging against inflation" yet you fail to even address what is going on in China as far as end user DEMAND . . .

"Shanghai is in the process of building a super Greater Shanghai connecting cities within 300KM radius. The Greater Shanghai will be 34 times bigger than current and 8 times more populated.

The new super city will be the largest city in the world comprising 130M people -- a little more populated than Japan and half that of USA.

Satellite cities within the Greater Shanghai areas will be connected by magnetic highspeed train and highways, as well as undersea tunnel linking Pudong and the outskirt islands to facilitate 25-min car ride from end to end."

But for you, it's ALL about the speculative hedging of inflation and the psychology that surrounds that.
    :D

#58     Feb 26, 2008
  9. another legitimate discussion down the drain. If your thesis was so solid, so irrefutable you wouldn't have to resort to saying that no one knows what they are talking about.

#59     Feb 26, 2008
  10. I said the Fed has indicated it is full on. You need to
    read a bit closer.

By verbally indicating to the market their intent to "lower rates no matter what" (paraphrased for the Grammarians like yourself) the market has essentially interpreted that to mean a lower dollar, higher commodities, and lower rates. End of story. Hence the market's reaction when the 50bps was announced in August, and ever since - buy oil. Buy gold. Buy wheat. etc...ad naseum.

When did the conversation get on what happens to Corporate America and the U.S. Economy by targeting inflation? The original argument - which is the only one I'm supporting - was your comment on page one, when I asked why oil spiked after the Fed announcement. You replied:

When I questioned why it moved on that exact time frame, you then changed your answer to:

Really now. Focus your efforts on arguing with Aaron. It's obvious you need your brainpower! :)

Oh, and if you dare to reply with more nonsense, please try to merge your ideas into one post. It's so tiresome to have to read all the spam in multiple posts.

#60     Feb 26, 2008