Fed's Kohn on Crack. See's Inflation Moderating

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ivanovich, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Arnie

Arnie

Amen, brother. :D

The way the Fed is/has handled is just mind boggling. :confused:

#11     Feb 26, 2008
  2. And you know this because???

You seem to make a rather naive assumption that does not take into consideration the GLOBILIZATION of COMMODITY PRICES.

Our FED and its monetary policy has very little to do with the energy, basic material, and commodity consumption of CHINA and a whole host of other high growth countries.

You and "S2007S" seem to conveniently ignore this in your posts.

#12     Feb 26, 2008
  3. Yep. But whether it's beating a dead horse or not, I still find myself laughing every time one of the Fed Fools says "Inflation is under control", especially the day when a particular inflation statistic is released showing the exact opposite.

#13     Feb 26, 2008
  4. Perhaps not, but maybe you can explain how oil took off like a friggen rocket right when the Fed cut 50bps last August and hasn't looked back since?

#14     Feb 26, 2008
  5. fuck me. I've been bullish on EUR/USD but tried shorting from ~1.49 resistance expecting it to come back to ~1.46 before breaking through 1.50 but the Fed just doesn't give a shit about inflation. I really think the Fed is complicit. I mean we get emergency cuts when equities tank, but they are completely ignoring commodities. Like I've said before, we are going to need a Volcker style crank up in rates at some point. ughh

#15     Feb 26, 2008
  6. All the more reason for a much needed recession. You can not grow non stop around the world and expect inflation to remain low.

What we need is a global recession to correct commodities. They appear to no longer be transitory. This is serious stuff.

#16     Feb 26, 2008
  7. What's the alternative though? Should the Fed run its policy according to how volatile energy and grain commodities trade? Hike 50 bps when oil is up $15 and cut 50 bps when oil is down $20?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

#17     Feb 26, 2008
  8. What the Fuc$ is going on look at wheat up 8.11% today. My gosh folks this is insane. Oil $101.10 how can everyone not be concerned.

Everytime some fed fag talks about inflation being anchored commodity prices make another all time high.

#18     Feb 26, 2008
  9. The fed should do what they say their there to do and thats to create price stability, they get an F in my book.

#19     Feb 26, 2008
  10. Reg. the discussion of core vs. headline inflation as a basis for Fed policy:

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN2524414220080226

"Federal Reserve Governor Frederic Mishkin on Monday defended the central bank’s emphasis on core inflation, saying an emphasis on less volatile prices produces a stronger economy in the long run"

#20     Feb 26, 2008