Fed's Hoenig says QE3 "may get discussed" haha "may" how about WILL!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

In europe people walk more, use the rail system more and ride alot more bike...in Venezuela it's like .75 a gallon :)

#21     Feb 2, 2011
  2. Quantitative easing. Check out that second word.
    No, I'm not going to explain past that. The masthead says "Elite Trader". I ain't explaining the functional equivalent of "1 + 1 = 2" to you. If you don't get it, you have no business being here.

#22     Feb 2, 2011
  3. Really? When was the last time you bought anything made in Kuwait or Saudi Arabia that wasn't related to oil? Just because oil revenues buys lots of crap doesn't mean their economies aren't crap.
    As for the rest, boilerplate I've read a million times.
    Job creation? Nokia is dead, killed by Apple and Android. Google created an entire industry - online ads - that didn't exist just a few years ago.
    As did Facebook and Twitter.
    Or, we could get into Amazon. Indeed, Seattle has produced them and Microsoft and Starbucks, and before any of them it produced Boeing.
    The US doesn't just have Silicon Valley.
    As for currencies, I've got news for you: this whole thing has happened before, back in the early seventies, when Nixon took the dollar off gold. When all was said and done, by 1990 communism was dead and Japan (the China of its time) was in its first year of two continuous decades of stagnation.
    If you think this time will be different, the investment graveyard is full of people who thought that same thought.

#23     Feb 2, 2011
  4. Ha. You pretentious asshole.

There is one of us that doesn't get it.

#24     Feb 3, 2011
  5. Oh my. I am crushed.

#25     Feb 3, 2011