Feds Beta Test Courthouse Naked Body Scanners

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    November 24, 2010

Despite the national outcry over naked body scanners, the U.S. Marshals Service is currently beta testing the machines around the country. “The U.S. Marshals Service, which is in charge of protecting federal judges nationwide, is exploring their use at federal courthouses,” reports the Associated Press. “In a statement, the marshals said they didn’t receive any complaints from people passing through the scanners during the tests.”

Experts have expressed alarm over radiation emitted by the machines, especially in regard to children. “The population risk has the potential to be significant,” Dr. David Brenner, head of Columbia University’s center for radiological research, told the Mail Online in June. The most likely risk from the airport scanners is a common type of skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma, according to the academic. “There really is no other technology around where we’re planning to X-ray such an enormous number of individuals. It’s really unprecedented in the radiation world,” said Brenner.

(article continues).......... http://www.infowars.com/feds-beta-test-courthouse-naked-body-scanners/

2. Thats a good point. Everybodies whining about the modesty
    invasion but not so much about the radiation. The reason the x ray tech is behind the shield is due to the frequency so if you travel alot then you should be concerned. And, I haven't heard any quantitative statistics on the amount of dosage per scan.
    I seriously doubt anyone at the TSA is getting their jollies off by
    patting down passengers. Hell, you should tip em.

3. 1 Terawatt of energy is zapped through your body in a scan.............such an obvious heinous attack on a persons physiology.

4. 3,000 died on 9/11
    let's say a similar attack happens once per 10 years, so we have 300 dead per year due to airline related terrorism in US

700 million people fly each year in US. if the body scanners increase the risk of death due to cancer by just 1/1,000,000 it may not be worth it.

it would not surprise me if the actually cancer risk is at least a order of magnitude higher.
    [​IMG]