Federal Reserve is preparing a trap, a golden trap to lower price of gold

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Labor, May 24, 2012.

1. hey random, haven't talked to you in a while. Speaking of currencies, that is gold and oil, just curious, what is the intrinsic value of oil?

#31     May 27, 2012
  2. IMO it is very high.

No oil, people start (literally) starving to death, by the hundreds of millions. Global economy collapses. Dead Mayans laugh from their graves. Etc etc etc.

#32     May 27, 2012
  3. excellent retort.

:D :D :D

s

#33     May 27, 2012
  4. you ever seen Gone With the Wind? That was a pretty good old movie if you had a girlfriend. They fought one hell of a war and at times lived pretty well with no oil.

#34     May 27, 2012
  5. B.S. Gold is dropping because it's a mania , the demand comes from ETF investors.

#35     May 27, 2012
  6. and I'm one of them. I just started buying GLD and will keep buying. I have too much cash. When I started trading forex I started realizing just how much actual fluctation there is in a money market account or CD.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. If I lose on GLD I make in CD.

All the cash is eventually going into stocks, but in the meantime I'd like to get 50% USD 50% GLD. (over time)

#36     May 27, 2012
  7. when I was young and just stating to trade I viewed everything in minutes. When I turned fifty I started viewing every thing in years. Which if you think about it is actaully backwards. When you are young you have many years. When you are old you may only have minutes left.

What's this got to do with gold and oil? Nothing really, just perspective.

#37     May 27, 2012
  8. the only point I'm making is, people like gold, it makes them feel good, but it's not really necessary for survival. And people like oil. It makes life easy and it makes them feel rich, but it's not really necessary for survival.

#38     May 27, 2012
  9. I mean, you could say if Ron Paul gets elected and the whole world backs up their money supply with gold, at some point someone might ask, "What the hell is gold? All it is is something Indian women put through their nose."

#39     May 27, 2012
  10. Low population density. 80% of people living on farms.

We're not going extinct if oil disappears - there will just be a lot fewer of us, living much different lifestyles than today. Given current technical knowledge, it could actually be a hell of a great way to live, to be honest.

#40     May 27, 2012