Federal Reserve Is A Private Corporation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by myminitrading, Aug 21, 2007.

1. The FED supposedly only owns 10% of the govts debt.

However, this does not mean that the situation is not corrupt since the fed was undoubtedly in cahoots with other large private banks early in the 20th century who own the remaining 90%.

The whole debt situation is blown out of proportion however. Although debt has risen sharply over the last hundred years, the gdp has risen even faster! So the debt as a % of gdp has actually gotten smaller.

This % was lowest in around 1980 but has since rocketed upwards again.

Hence my comments early about taking the banking debt problems in context with economic growth.

If the US debt was zero right now our economy would not be anywhere near as large, since money would be much harder to come by for businesses to get started and expand, through loans etc.

Which is a better situation? 9 trillion in debt and 13 trillion GDP, or lets say 0 debt and 1 trillion GDP(for example)?

I am not an expert economist so i dont want to really talk about this, but i am sure it is highly subjective...

#41     Aug 22, 2007
  2. sjfan

sjfan

Just one question: What exactly is the fed doing with their "profit"? As far as we know, fed governments and chairmen aren't exactly rolling in it....

#42     Aug 22, 2007
  3. The chairman, and the fed governors are not the owners, they are he front men.

#43     Aug 22, 2007
  4. So who owns the Fed now?

#44     Aug 22, 2007
  5. #45     Aug 22, 2007
  6. This movie will explain everything.. the first part deals with religion and how it is used to control people, 2nd part is the 9/11 conspiracy.. but the 3rd part is really fascinating and focuses on International Bankers and the Fed

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

#46     Aug 22, 2007
  7. The most odious aspect of these international bankers is their penchant for creating and funding war.. the Rothschilde Euro branch bankrolled Hitler while the American Rothschilde's bankrolled the allies.
    So how does an International banker lend money to a country, what possible collateral can they ask for? What stops a king or country setting their army onto these 12 or so families and wiping them out so they don't have to pay the money back?
    Well as in big business loans they can insist on someone from their family being on the board (ie: a position of political power in said country so they can control policy)

Or the main way is to ensure any country they lend to has a very nasty enemy they can turn around and bankroll to the hilt and wipe out them out if they don't pay up.. a general idea of their power can be gleaned by the fact that even that mad bastard Hitler paid them back without a murmur

This is big business and they couldn't care less that millions die torturous deaths.. just as long as they get their blood money from the war machine.. politicians have very little to do with the process and generally speaking are just the bankers lackeys

And thats how this sad world of ours works.. democracy is merely an illusion.. be it an ever so pretty one

#47     Aug 22, 2007
  8. I think close to 50% - regulated to a maximum of that by law - of the US debt is owned by foreigners, T-Bills, as a previous poster stated.

So I beleive that a little bit of dollar devaluation to be a good thing, since we would be paying them a lower effective %age rate, maybe 2% instead of 5%- just a guess. Also, long term loan holders - house loans - benefit from a small amount of inflation/dollar devaluation, as long as one's salary does a decent job of keeping up with inflation.

Short term debtors, however, get the shaft.....

Any thoughts?

#48     Aug 22, 2007
  9. You could also look up the Bilderbergers for more information

#49     Aug 22, 2007
  10. Many conspiracy theories are outlandish.. but generally speaking the ones that make sense are the ones that involve money.. you can always depend on the greed of man

#50     Aug 22, 2007