Federal Reserve Is A Private Corporation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by myminitrading, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Oh well this makes everything on the up and up, silly me.

#11     Aug 21, 2007
  2. I would be will to bet, Google and you tube will before long be off the air. Some how they will find a way to keep the masses dumb and dumber.

#12     Aug 21, 2007
  3. sjfan

sjfan

Well - let's do this. What can we (or anyone) show you that will disprove the fact that the fed is a conspiracy of sort (note: I didn't say prove, just disprove)? Is there anything - any observable fact that can do that? If not - then what you have is faith - faith that the federal reserve is a conspiracy. Which is a bit silly, don't you think?

#13     Aug 21, 2007
  4. sjfan

sjfan

I offer a third party audited set of statements that are widely read by every private, quasi-public, and central bank in addition to investment managers, NGO groups, and other international organs. You propose that all these public and private entities who can't seem to agree on any issue are collectively keeping silent about these made up numbers? Serious? No - seriously? If so, the Federal Reserve is the greatest single feat of organization in human history.

#14     Aug 21, 2007
  5. I wonder what happened to the original thread yesterday. Here's the first day of it, cached on google

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...tetrader+fed+private&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

unfortunately there were some very interesting posts not cached before the thread was removed.

one was a reference to a town in austria that prospered from interest free regional currency financing (or something along those lines) before being shut down by courts. also there was an interesting discussion on connections between Lincoln's assassination and his creation of the greenback

maybe there are different angles on the notion of being charged interest for the use of our own money. i thought the issue was more to do with the fact that we finance our operations as a country through debts to funds, foreign govts, institutions, etc which are repayed with fiat currency. if we print to pay interest on our debt, why not just print to finance the budget directly at far less cost

isn't this a massive ripoff to the taxpayer?

#15     Aug 21, 2007
  6. Here is what we need. The bottom line is the Fed charges interest on the money it loans to the government. The tax we pay goes toward the interest.

• fed.jpg
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
    #16     Aug 21, 2007
  7. sjfan

sjfan

Go to the next page! That's just one side of the accounting statement. The government first pays the Fed as holders of treasury securities. The fed then rebates the interest back to the treasury at the year end. How difficult is that to understand.

#17     Aug 21, 2007
  8. I just have to question any government data.

I mean we saw what can happen with government data leading up to the Iraq war.

Maybe this new Fed, is more sensitive to the american people, it is possible.

I hope they let wallstreet squirm, my gosh the have insulted Bernake quite a bit. Calling him an amateur rookie.

#18     Aug 21, 2007
  9. just to be clear, we're talking about two different issues here.

1. as a lender, the fed technically does receive interest from the US govt (which it rebates back to the treasury)

2. as a nation, we borrow then create fiat currency to service the massive interest on our spiraling debt, when we could just be financing our costs directly with much less of that same fiat currency

#19     Aug 21, 2007
  10. Dude you don't belive all this do you, who audits this Arthur Anderson?

#20     Aug 21, 2007