Federal Reserve could in fact save US, the question is do they want to

Discussion in 'Economics' started by mikasa, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

Singapore and Taiwan? do you seriously believe that you can "fit/blend" in their culture?
    i would die in very next day in their climate

Canada, Australia, New Zealand....

you are talking about high taxes in USA... i'm pretty sure you know,what people are paying in those three..
    bottom line is very simple-looking for high standards of living-gotta pay high taxes. low taxes=sh* le

i do understand your anger about the way USA is going,but there is not much we can do about it. have to adapt somehow. you need some cash business, man.. like cab service or something.. :p

#21     Jan 5, 2010
  2. Perhaps it's a matter of going elsewhere and being taxed at whatever their going rate... OR, staying in the USA and being FUCKED OUT OF EVERYTHING...

Take your pick.

#22     Jan 5, 2010
  3. Learn to shoot from long ranges.

#23     Jan 5, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

well.. i do have choice,since i'm just a US resident. can go back to mother Russia at any time and pay flat 13%. but believe it or not (at least for now)i prefer to live in US(and pay off course much more in taxes).
    quiet,nice neighborhood,no crime,clean air and water,hospital 2 miles away,one of best public school in USA-gotta pay :p

#24     Jan 5, 2010
  5. Pearl Harbor?

#25     Jan 5, 2010
  6. I, too, have thought about going back to the Rodina. The problem is the suffrage. I don't want my child serving in that army.

#26     Jan 5, 2010
  7. Taxes aren't the only reason to leave or stay.

America has some GIGANTIC problems which other countries don't.

1. Unfunded social liabilities for Boomer generation.

2. HUGE economic loss of essential middle class through globalization and out-sourcing.

3. America hasn't reigned-in its macho... still wants to be "policeman to the world"... and we can't afford it.

Those three alone are enough to bring us to collapse.

#27     Jan 5, 2010
  8. I feel fortunate I can go to Canada or anywhere in the EU due to family. I am actually going to get my Canadian Citizenship and look into EU residency. Heck I will probably stay in Denver, but it's good to have options right?

When you stop to think about I believe most countries face the same problems declining birth rate and some form of outsourcing to China/ India so a lot of them have unfunded liabilities.

That said Canada is much better, from what I have heard/seen, about booting out the bums from office. Their system is much more democratic with 4 parties, I believe?

#28     Jan 5, 2010
  9. Who stands to lose most should the US default?

The Chinese?

The < 5% of the US population who own more than 50% of the DOW?

Or perhaps the indebted up to their eyeballs and every day smaller middle class?

The poor who don't have a pot to piss in anyway?

Did you know it is a thesis in some gold circles former gold bug Alan Greenspan set up the unavoidable collapse of the US Dollar trough exponential credit expansion to create a time frame during which the people of the US could reseize their country from the international banking community? :)

#29     Jan 5, 2010

10. Those who stand to lose the most are those who have the most. (The poor have little... as well as the middle class... when the "adjustment" comes they will lose all they have, but that ain't much ... they were poor/middle before, they'll be poor still... those who formerly thought of themselves as "rich" will lose nearly everything. Those who were FILTHY RICH will lose most of what they had but will still retain enough to carry forward as "reasonably wealthy")

I'm thinking, "where will you be financially after the American Government hoses you out of 90-95% of your wealth"? If you'll still have "a few $million", you'll be OK. If your measley $500K net worth is reduced to $25-$50K, equivalent... where are you?

#30     Jan 5, 2010