Federal Reserve Announces 'Operation Zero Deficit'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by JamesL, Oct 5, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

please express explicitly what constitutes " i told you so" in order that there should be no wiggle room 10 years hence you will then be added to my calendar.:D

#11     Oct 10, 2012
  2. jsp326

jsp326

Uh, it's satire dude. You know, Jonathan Swift, pushing bad ideas to absurdity, etc.

The fact that anyone thinks this would be a good idea shows how much we've been dumbed down.

#12     Oct 10, 2012
  3. yeah well, I like the 4% credit card with no limit idea, even if it's satire, I'm still gonna vote for her

#13     Oct 10, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

More likely he needs time to have someone explain to him what it all means.

#14     Oct 10, 2012
  5. the one that cracked me up, I was watching cnbc one morning and they asked Jack Welch what he thought about Clinton's convention speech where he said, "No President not even me could do a better job considering the economy he inherited", and Jack Welch said, "I could have done a better job, and everybody sitting around this table could have done a better job."

#15     Oct 10, 2012
  6. TGregg

TGregg

I bet Krugman would see a lot of good ideas in this. :(

#16     Oct 10, 2012
  7. I like Krugman. If you are going to do something, do it big. I don't care if you are right or left, as long as you are radical. Just keep doing something until it makes a difference, either good or bad.

The problem is, nobody respects my radical Do Nothing Party

According to the CBO, doing nothing and going over the fiscal cliff (after a depression) would reduce the deficit more than either the Ryan plan or Simpson Bowles.

#17     Oct 10, 2012
  8. toc

toc

The idea is brilliant. For example: 4% interest rates on credit cards, means consumers save from 5% to 15% per year in extra interest payments on average. The money goes straight to the treasury to cancel the deficit instead of going into the pockets of CEOs and wallstreet big wigs making 10s of millions of bonus each year.

Consumers saving on interest have more money in the pocket to spend which fuels economy and job growth. Mere 4% interest rate on cards is an incentive to spend on credit itself.

US Treasury made tons of cash in bailing out Bank of America, AIG, GM type institutions all the while saving jobs and confidence in the economy.

Unless RATs come to power and outspend by so much that even operation is not able to cancel the deficit, there can be little wrong with the basic premise of this program.

#18     Oct 10, 2012
  9. jsp326

jsp326

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120813/AUTO01/208130392

http://www.realfreemarket.org/blog/2012/03/20/25b-taxpayer-gain-from-mortgage-bailout/

What a bunch of tripe. It's certainly true that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the U.S. public.

#19     Oct 10, 2012
  10. sumfuka

sumfuka

But I love my television! Where else can I watch Jersey Shore? :D

#20     Oct 10, 2012