Federal Reserve Admits Hiding Gold Swap Arrangements

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Sep 23, 2009.

1. a very (funny) scary implied threat about guns and anachary(guffaw) by a poster who lectures on education and probably didn't graduate from eighth grade algebra.

What is the emoticon for "putz?"

:D

Vanish newpie...you've already destroyed yet another alias. Time for a new one now. Run along.

#41     Sep 24, 2009
  2. AloAlo

AloAlo

ehehehe interesting how you basically are saying I can't predict the future

yet you presume you can

interesting isn't it :cool:

all you FED little stooges are warned

good luck

#42     Sep 24, 2009
  3. What gave you the impression I don't already have my CCW and 3 glocks(2 9s and a 357) and a Benelli semi-auto? I'll be busy paying cash for my $8 milk - only difference being I'll take more then just my 9mm to the store with me.

Go spout your diatribes elsewhere.

#43     Sep 24, 2009
  4. Deflation, not inflation, is in the dice.

To think a U.S. implosion won't cripple every other country in the world is naivete at its finest.

China has survived so far by blowing 1/3 of the surplus nut to subsidize domestic consumption, as their exports to the U.S. have dropped 40% due to the weak U.S. consumer, and as the U.S. is literally responsible for 1/3 of their entire economic activity.

Good luck to China or any other exporting nation if the U.S. consumer dies an untimely death, as in, never comes back to life.

Chinese widgets will languish on store shelves even at fire sale prices.

#44     Sep 24, 2009
  5. Gold does just fine in times of deflation as everyone could see in 2008.:)

#45     Sep 24, 2009
  6. What does this mean? I didn't catch which way the swap went.

If U.S. knows what it is doing:
    Sell gold as U.S. swapped U.S. gold for foreign dollars.

Or, if U.S. swapped dollars for foregn gold, buy gold.

if not, the other way around.

#46     Sep 24, 2009
  7. LVMises

LVMises

bump

I think it might be safe to say the FED may be behind the recent decline in gold and/or silver

#47     May 5, 2011
  8. Buy physical then use market to hedge your physical holding, you will sleep lot better.

#48     May 5, 2011
  9. If there is one thing I've learned so far in life it is that people in power will use their power to achieve their own ends. It is up to the individual to seek out and get power of their own.

#49     May 6, 2011