federal gummint pays higher wages than private industry

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chewbacca, Apr 8, 2010.

1. clacy

clacy

The Federal government is the new Wall Street.

2. I have some friends that work for the govt and have noticed this trend for a while. Yes, it bothers me.

3. olias

olias

we seriously need less 'government'. way less. More government= less freedom. Land of the governed

4. zdreg

zdreg

it should bother you. government workers by definition divert resources from productive uses and make society less efficient and poorer. also the government is almost never an innovator and rarely brings about progress.

5. zdreg

zdreg

your statement is true since the gov't has gone into the business of creating financial bubbles.

6. clacy

clacy

Bureaucrats in DC will now pick the winners and losers among us. Small fortunes will be made by people with 100% job security and no downside risk....... all at the private sector's expense.

7. State and local employees are an even worse cancer. I was at a Little League game the other day and overheard a retired police officer bragging to his buddy about how he had retired young, with a fat pension and benefits. He's set for life -- he'll be living large off the taxpayers for the next 30- 40 years.

8. Benefits paid for and "guaranteed" by people who may not have retirement nor health care benefits of their own... that's just wrong.. :mad:

9. heh - just wait until his pension fund is bankrupt. he won't be laughing then....

#10     Apr 8, 2010