Fed will start tapering QE in September

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kashirin, May 11, 2013.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the debt ceiling?
    You know the suspension is in effect only through May 18, don't you?

My mini-macro questions are How long will the Fed allow USD to rally? How high will the Fed allow IR to climb? I ask because come September, there will be no tapering. There is no plan to exit. Stock markets rising are no mystery.

Trade On!

#31     May 13, 2013
  2. pfranz

pfranz

The FED voluntarily exiting QE is like having reverse gravity on earth, to me.
    If it happens I'll be the first to buy the ticket for the show.

#32     May 14, 2013
  3. 80 billion a month sounds like a lot right now

all they have to do is hold to maturity

and by then 80 billion won't be a very big deal

#33     May 14, 2013
  4. pfranz

pfranz

holding to maturity before buying new assets means stopping QE without exiting.
    stop=don't inject new liquidity anymore
    exit=get the injected liquidity back
    I don't think they can stop QE now, they never will in my opinion,without crashing the economy.
    It's exactly like drug

#34     May 14, 2013
  5. The last I heard we are okay till Sept on the debt ceiling.

#35     May 14, 2013
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Thats exactly what happened to my friend who went long in 2007 with $100,000, he had never touched the market since the dot com bubble which was about 7 years prior, well the day he got in was just around the historical high, after that he rode it wall the way down losing over 50% of his money, and he played it safe by going long with mutual funds...I remember that day clearly now that I think of it, he was one who got caught up in the frenzy....the same thing is happening now. Everyone knows markets dont go forever, this one wont either, there is always a top, there is always a bottom, there is always a bull market and there is always a bear market. This time its not different, there will be a substantial correction, when it happens is anyones guess, but the next correction is going to be quite a show. This is a liquidity rally where all asset classes are being inflated just like they were in the past rallies we have had, the only way to grow an economy these days is through the creation of asset bubbles and large amounts of liquidity and that is what the market is experiencing at this very moment. This doesnt last forever, just like the dot com bubble and housing bubble this bubble will end as well. Going to be interesting though how they fix this next collapse.

#36     May 14, 2013
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Once the market starts to cry BUBBLE ben bernake will push more QE through, and Im sure $300 billion wont be enough when the next collapse comes, he will be pushing well over that amount into the economy on a monthly basis....remember without any of these trillions being printed the SPX would still be sitting under 800 today! This entire market rally is based off of cheap worthless money.

#37     May 14, 2013