Fed uses Chicago conference to signal it will use quantitative easing aggressively to fight next rec

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. The big dog has already spoken. Powell has basically said, "The (dovish) Fed is onboard for whatever it takes".

Doubt lesser Fed members reiterating Powell's sentimet would have much impact. IOW... The market don't usually "chew its cabbage twice". (There are/were supposedly 13 announced Fed speakings this week.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

what is everybody f waiting for.... fed already guaranteeing long term interest rates will be 1% lol which means SP500 should have P/e of 100.... but lets be conservative call it 50 P/E, SP should be at 5000 minimum.

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Buying futures in China ink and blank paper bills

5. Overnight

Overnight

Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. If Trump goes ahead with the extra China tariffs, and China retaliates in kind, the market is going to crash, and recession ensues.

6. dozu888

dozu888

isn't that the definition of the wall of worry?

if there are no risks left and everyone is sure the future is all bright, isn't that the definition of a top?

right now the participation rate is low, which indicates the middle of the wall of worry.

:)

7. gaussian

gaussian

Hey now, this forum is only for permabulls. Get out of here with your logic. Next thing you're going to say is rates will drop to 0% and we could fall right into hyperinflation!

Overnight likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

True, I should stop applying logic to market-movement thinking. It keeps messing me up.

As for the fed rate? I read an article yesterday that said that 0% rates are now impossible, due to the Fed's current balance sheet? Dunno' the how or why of that. *shrugs*