Fed Reserve profits are the fastest growing revenue source for govt

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond_trad3r, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Can't have hyperinflation without wages exploding. I don't see that happening any time soon.

More likely interest rates go back to 6-8% to keep dollar from tanking.

All of these overpriced houses that looked like great deals at 4% are not going to looking so good when mortgage rates normalize.

#11     Feb 16, 2013
  2. they can't raise interest rates up because than the debt will sky rocket and your right i don't see wages go up either. this is an example of a government propping up an economy and they are do it all around the world.

#12     Feb 16, 2013
  3. Rates will be forced up when people start to flee the dollar. Still 5-10 years away at which time we lose control of the value of our currency.

#13     Feb 17, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

right. that is why his foundation was kicked out of belarus for interfering in the internal affairs of the country.
    why would i be interested in soro's philanthropic activities?

#14     Feb 17, 2013
  5. zdreg

zdreg

the market will cause interest rates to rise. there will be a tipping point when gov't actions can no longer hold interest rates down.

#15     Feb 17, 2013
  6. Fed Profit of $88.9 Billion Sent to Treasury in 2012
    By BINYAMIN APPELBAUM
    Published: January 10, 2013

WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve said on Thursday that it sent $88.9 billion in profit to the Treasury Department in 2012, a record that reflected the vast expansion of the central bank’s investment portfolio.

www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/business/economy/feds-2012-profit-was-88-9-billion.html

I dare all the doubters to look at this chart from the federal reserve. http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/other/other20130110a.pdf

Agree or disagree with the fed policies, there is no doubt that what I'm saying is fact.

It's essentially a circle jerk between the Fed and Treasury but the real question is where is the inflation? Is Bernanke really that good?

[​IMG]

#16     Feb 25, 2013
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Flee the dollar. . . to where? Gold? Euro?

#17     Feb 25, 2013
  8. Yen?

#18     Feb 25, 2013
  9. If you can afford it, buy 'farmable' land

if not, buy gold. those who are buying gold, or who have bought gold aren't receiving a yield and will become impatient and sell. that is why, historically, 'real' assets or store of value increase (or decrease) in value at a velocity uncomfortable for most.....

#19     Feb 25, 2013
  10. Humpy

Humpy

I have been watching a video from Michael Lombardi. Pretty worrying stuff on it. He has a proven track record of calling recent disasters and is calling another one starting about now !
    He reckons it will be worse than the 2008 crisis and about as bad as The Great Depression.
    He says:-
    The Dow will fall about 50%
    The Euro will collapse ( we were a bit ahead of him there.)
    The Govts will be forced to raise interest rates to fend off inflation. Think what the debt repayment on $17 trillion will be annually.
    Gold will rise to $3000 an ounce
    etc.

Get your savings if any left, into something safe folks. ( he is selling a news letter )

I see Benny is talking later.
    About time he told the incompetent politicians what a load of idiots they are. But he is a human with the courage of a worm I regret to say. Most of the politicians are rich enough to escape the consequences of their rotten policies.

#20     Feb 26, 2013