Fed Pushes Citi, BofA to Increase Capital

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MrDODGE, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Green shoots, green shoots as far as the eye can see!

2. Mvic

Mvic

With this news and the push by the FDIC today I was wondering the same thing, could it be that a moment of truth is approaching?

3. Not a moment of truth, moment of disillusion.

4. achilles28

achilles28

I don't buy it.

This is prelude to TARP 3.0.

Another X Trillion dollar feeding frenzy.

CDS caused the entire crisis by leveraging losses against insured positions that didn't exist ! Position limits on CDS to outstanding underlying (1:1) could have been implemented months ago, and this whole crisis DONE!.

No attempt was made to stem bank losses at the source.

Why? In order to keep the crisis going.

12.8 Trillion in bailout money has been loaned or promised to American Banks, so far.

American Banks have never dreamed of this type of money!

Look who's running the "Stress test".

The FED. Who owns the FED? Member Banks.

So we've got American Banks telling us they'll fail the stress test (problem), that demands they get another bailout from themselves (solution).

Where is the trillions in bailout money going? Not one company or corporation has posted earnings anywhere close to account for the cheddar being trucked out from the US Mint.

Its simply "disappeared".

In a zero-sum world, how is that possible?

5. Mvic

Mvic

True, the underlying weakness in the economy hasn't changed for the better, if anything it is weaker now than it was Dec 08. What changed was the market's hope for a recovery as early as late 2009 early 2010. That hope will soon be dashed. Perception may be about to meet reality once again.

6. No way. Both Banks said that the Fed is wrong (as they currently add and subtract 0's to both sides of the balance sheet). lol

Why won't they just let these guys fail? Pandit was a failed hedge fund. Lewis is a compulsive liar.

7. Daal

Daal

I hope this is not a rumor