Fed Pumps $41B into US Financial System

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Martin Gale, Nov 1, 2007.

1. :D

BIG difference between perception and reality

Take Care,

Joe Baker

#21     Nov 2, 2007
  2. i watched the repo vid for your service, but you seem to contradict yourself, you say tomos are a wash because they do it all the time which is true (as new ones come in, old ones expire so it's usually a small net figure on any given day vs the full amt of todays repo and they happen all the time) ... correct. but then you also talk about using them as a directional indicator.

a while back i took a really cursory look at tomos and pomos, trying to find any directional correlation and didn't come up with any. i'm not surprised that today was a net draw, i'm asking in a more general sense whether they indirectly affect margin pressure on existing positions unrelated to the FF market

i don't know the answer. i also wouldn't assume that if they do influence trading operations, that a net positive injection would translate into equity buying. ..could influence any number of option positions, etc. i'm pretty ignorant on this topic, i'm just asking

#22     Nov 2, 2007
  3. Yup.......i`ve seen this movie before & i know how it ends.....it`s called a ticking time brick.

#23     Nov 2, 2007