Fed Prepares To Eavesdrop On Everything Mentioning The Fed

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AlsoHuman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. doesn't this inspire confidence and warm fuzzy feelings of everything will work out just fine :D

Federal Reserve Bank of the United States, which in a Request for Proposals filed to companies that are Fed vendors, is requesting the creation of a "Social Listening Platform" whose function is to "gather data from various social media outlets and news sources." It will "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/here-...-prepares-eavesdrop-everything-mentioning-fed

2. Okay, here is your first text........kick Bernanke out and give Fischer of the Dallas Fed a shot at it. He seems to have more common sense and pro-business mentality.

3. If there are hedge funds doing this, I don't see why the Fed shouldn't. Gotta love HeroZedge.

4. Crispy

Crispy

"Where the apocalypse happens three times a day or your money back!"

5. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

LOL :D
    I'm still laughing hard about that icelandic volcano. :D
    Btw, I'm still waiting for the hyperinflation, does anyone know when it will happen ? :D

6. Samsara

Samsara

Any institution or company of scale would be wise to do so. There is a wealth of useful data in social media nowadays that can be immensely useful for measuring effective strategies.

7. Any institution or company of scale would be wise to do so.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, yes another baboon who is clueless about the constitution.

I say all you idiots who do not agree with "Private Property and Privacy" take your punks asses to China, Middle East, UK, as well as plenty of other countries where their citizens have given up their personal liberties willingly.

FUCK THE FED. I hope they got that on record.

8. Samsara

Samsara

How does aggregating data on peoples' public choices and words violate their privacy or property?

It's perfectly legal, and for radical corporate apologists like yourself, it's a surprise you don't worship the ability of businesses to <a href="http://www.economist.com/node/21530076">subtly alter human behavior</a> for profit. The Fed's just staying on the correct side of history in analyzing this data, hand in hand with business.