FED plans "expedited" meeting on Monday at 11:30 am

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bry, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Bry

Bry

http://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/boardmeetings/20151123advexp.htm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-20/fed-hold-expedited-closed-meeting-monday

extract:
    "Matter(s) Considered
    1. Review and determination by the Board of Governors of the advance and discount rates to be charged by the Federal Reserve Banks.
    A final announcement of matters considered under expedited procedures will be available in the Board's Freedom of Information and Public Affairs Offices and on the Board's Web site following the closed meeting."

I guess that would be 11:30 EST, 8:30 am for me in CA. As soon as the meeting is over the news should come out and may affect markets. Some think it is about Congress pressuring the Fed to use some of the bank profits for rebuilding infrastructure.

2. xandman

xandman

Do you think rate hikes are a bargaining chip to keep the party going? It is an election year.

3. Bry

Bry

I don't know.

Totally a gamble to guess beforehand. I wait for after their decisions. But my best guess is a market melt up will happen again. Either they raise interest rates or they don't, the market rockets in mid-Dec.

4. Bry

Bry

5. xandman

xandman

The guy writes some interesting content. I like his take on the Square IPO.

Regarding the FED, I think they raise. Why? I have no idea. However, they have said that it will be done in measured steps (to see if the market will take it's medicine).

However, this is not 2000 nor is it 2007. I can't figure out where there could be a flashpoint for a recessionary bear. But, I see no compelling reason to be a bull either.

6. one month ago all of you were screaming how the fed will never raise and now you're sure they will raise in december

give it a rest

7. How is that any different than the bi-polar FOMC committee itself?

8. Bry

Bry

Whatever they do do, the people in the know will make a killing.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

10. WaxOn

WaxOn

they're probably going to normalize the discount rate - which no one is using (the discount window) - as a symbolic precursor to a dec rate hike. getting everyone "ready" emotionally. just another nice hand holding exercise to make sure the markets won't spoil the coming hike with a tantrum.

#10     Nov 21, 2015
    Bry likes this.