Fed needle getting closer to popping housing bubble

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ===========
    This Probably isnt the best comparison, but it may work anyway.

Somewhat like the homebuilders today;
    its a mixed market. Semisector doesnt look like a bubble;
    buts its notably weaker than homebuilders.

Most of homes have seen purchased had 20-30 yr FIXED , dont use ARM much except for investment or shorter term;
    Federal Reserve Board ARM 11 year chart is still in a clear downtrend .

Just dont agree with that fundamentalist title-''bubble'';
    thats fighting the fed ARM chart.:cool:

#11     Jun 30, 2005
  2. I live in Carlsbad. The home market seems to be running into a wall. Just the last 3 weeks or so. There are 3 houses for sale on my street that dead ends after 3 tenths of a mile. Maybe 8 house on the street.

All the homes for sell on my street are from flippers, including the guy I rent from. He wants $1.3 mill. I sold my house last year.

I have also noticed 3 "reduced for quick sale" signs that were not there 3 weeks ago in the general area.

It's going to get ugly ugly ugly.

John

#12     Jun 30, 2005
  3. If you are correct and there is a mass exodus, where do all those people who exodus turn to live? Where will they live if they get foreclosed on or just can't maintain the mortgage payments any longer and are forced to sell or worse yet, just walk away...

What will happen to those from a mass exodus? Where will then end up?

#13     Jun 30, 2005
  4. Its not all 1 home per family people out there...there are alot of middle class investors that went and bought carlton sheets "no money down" program and those guys probably own 2 or 3 houses that are renting out...the people renting the house will probably end up buying the house from a discount at the bank or they will just have to move. But the people that do just own their home with little or no money down will have to either move to a cheaper area or maybe move in with relatives or something is my guess

#14     Jul 1, 2005
  5. This guy I rent from owns 11 houses with his ex wife, brother, etc. This guy is a police officer. They are a lot of people out there like this and I feel like they are starting to scamble a little.

JOhn

#15     Jul 1, 2005
  6. Midas

Midas

Sorry guys,

There have always been landlords. Just because Carlton Sheets is making a bundle selling his rental program on late night TV does not mean this sort of real estate investing is a new thing.

On the other hand it does seem like more people are getting into the rental game. Just like any form of investing the weak hands will be shaken out.

Sound real estate investors with strong NOI and positive cash flow will fair pretty well in coming years. As home prices become over inflated, interest rates rise, and the real estate cycle begins to turn more people will be renting.:cool:

#16     Jul 1, 2005
  7. tanp21

tanp21

What will happen? Simple supply and demand. The more houses on the market when owners are desperate to sell the lower housing prices will drop.
    They will rent or move to a cheaper area.

#17     Jul 1, 2005
  8. IN A VAN BY THE RIVER...

#18     Jul 1, 2005
  9. If there a big pop in the real estate bubble,isn't it very possible for the banks to lose tons of money if foreclosures occur,especially if the home prices drop to a price that is lower than the amount of debt owed to them on each home?

#19     Jul 1, 2005
  10. tanp21

tanp21

Yes but they hedge their risk with MBS.

#20     Jul 1, 2005