Fed Monetizes 1 Trillion in MBS and Treasuries for 2013

Discussion in 'Economics' started by achilles28, Dec 4, 2012.

1. no, it's 1952, and we are all going to get rich when housewives buy new electric ranges.

or it's 2012, and we will get rich when everybody has a facebook account

or it's 2014, when a farmer in Illinois can sell all the pot he can grow at just about any price.

#191     Dec 21, 2012
  2. the1

the1

That's funny. I had the opposite experience the time I took a trip down south. Nothing but grits, grits, grits. Makes me think about the movie, "My Counsin Vinnie." Good flick. Really nice folks down south but I always got the feeling they were just interested in us Yankees visiting as the question, "When are you leaving" came up on a regular basis. "Ya'll come back now, ya hear."

Illinois might be a little too wet for pot growth but I'm not expert on the subject :). The truth of the matter is leaving pot illegal probably generates more revenue for the state than legalizing it. There's a lot of money floating in and out of Attorney's, Judge's, Prison Guard's, etc....income that gets....taxed!

The US isn't particularly interested in rehabilitation as much as they are punishment because punishing someone generates a better criminal and so goes the revolving door and more tax revenue. I suppose that's the reason the US has the highest per capita prison rate in the world but we'll have to move this thread to the sociology forum if we want to go down that road :D.

And yup! You go anywhere south of Chicago down I-55 or 57 and you're gonna see nothing but flat land and corn. But! Have you ever been to Nebraska? They basically got Lincoln, Omaha, and Corn.

#192     Dec 21, 2012
  3. no doubt, you nailed it, nothing happens unless it makes a politician money, and there is no money in legalization, and there is a lot of money in keeping it illegal

hard not to become cynical and give up

but I was raised on John Wayne movies, and the good guys always win

#193     Dec 21, 2012
  4. the1

the1

Ahhh...the good old Duke. He was a little before my time. I grew up watching Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris, which sparked my interest in the martial arts. Practicing MA is one of the best things I've ever done.

Perhaps a quick trip over to NFLX to see if they got any of The Duke's films in stock. Seems you can't browse the selection w/o joining. :confused:

#194     Dec 21, 2012
  5. either way, it doesn't matter if they just kill them a little bit like they did in the old days, or kill them really bad like they do today, as long as in the end, the good guys win.

#195     Dec 21, 2012