Fed Monetization....Printing Money To Buy Its Own Bonds....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Aug 7, 2009.

1. OKI-DOKI...

But then if the Fed is not independent and is simply an instrument of the politicians, why exactly is the beef with the Fed?

Why mention the Fed and not say things the way they are? Specifically:

The Fascist American political establishment is monetizing debt, while the American taxpayer, all greased up and ready, bends over nicely and enjoys the experience.

Wouldn't that be a better summary of the current situation?

#21     Aug 7, 2009
  2. As long as the Fed loans our own money to us at interest, and controls the process independent of accountability, the dollar will sink. I got out of the dollar years ago. Doesn't mean I am not patriotic. Just means I'm a realist. I don't know one successful trader who retired wealthy as an idealist.

#22     Aug 7, 2009
  3. ........................................................................

Exactly....Sustainability of business which produces wealth in America is the issue....

Manufacturing needs to be re-introduced into the US which means that the US has to position itself to compete head on with BRIC....

This means being able to meet the right prices with the right products....

Then one must change what one CAN change....

Govt. needs to be regulating this necessary mix....and stay out of private enterprise....

And to a larger extent ....it does not matter what America wants...what matters is what will provide resolve....

This would be a 10% State, 5% Fed C tax only....no other taxes....
    This means dramatically reducing the size of govt....
    This means eliminating legal largesse from prices....

Without these items ....there is no possibility of re-establishing manufacturing in the US....

And this is just the top of the list....

Make no mistake....

The Obama govt. has done nothing more than pony loser's losses on the backs of America's great great grandchildren....
    While denying them the opportunity to be truly competitive....

THIS.....is not cool....

#23     Aug 7, 2009
  4. don't get confuse is just a bookkeeping entry.

Ever taken ACC-101???

#24     Aug 7, 2009
  5. Summary :

[​IMG]

#25     Aug 9, 2009