Fed might make symbolic Emergency Rate HIKE

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, May 9, 2008.

1. wow, +25 bps and we'd be saved? :confused:

#11     Jun 26, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

About 99% of Americans... those of us who have no desire to see the buying power of our money destroyed.

#12     Jun 26, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I think the federal reserve to show that they want to prop the dollar at least somewhat higher and should raise rates by .25%-.50% sometime at the next meeting, THERE IS NO WAY they are going to keep the interest rates at 2%, I think they are somewhere between 2.25%-2.50% by the end of 2008. I think there even may be a rally if they raise rates due to the fact that at least they were trying to do something about the falling dollar and higher prices of commodities. Its the only way to help energy prices from moving higher in the short term. I mean this is getting out of control.

#13     Jun 26, 2008
  4. the Fed. runs the risk of raising rates and the dollar still goes down.

the bus is going off the cliff and there is little to stop it.

#14     Jun 26, 2008
  5. its a global market - wake-up

checkout Euro today - FXE.

#15     Jun 26, 2008
  6. I thought it was just a bubble? Why not step back, do nothing and just let the bubble pop itself like you always said?

#16     Jun 26, 2008
  7. If you've been around for any length of time (more than 10 years) the market has traversed pretty much upward for 5 years in a normal fashion.

The decline - call it a correction or Bear Market - will find a bottom on its own.

Bennie Boy, Wall Street and the perma-bulls have perpetuated this bull market to the point of FINALLY breaking.

If the Fed feels they cannot intervene and that capital markets are now stable/big-boys have recouped enough losses - the little guy will see the markets tank per the norm.

Pull up a five year chart and tell me if we drop another 10%, find a solid bottom and forge in a healthy manner again to new highs that this would be abnormal.

When johnny, joey, becky, and judy learn the hard lesson by holding and hoping to no avail and find themselves as a last resort selling at the panic bottom only then will the typical cycle run its course.

And yes this is standard market action, nothing unusual here.

paysense

#17     Jun 26, 2008
  8. Well said.

#18     Jun 26, 2008
  9. the sad part is Fed. Funds is at 2% and the market is diving...

raise rates..the market dies

lower rates..the market dies

gold told the story today +3600

#19     Jun 26, 2008
  10. bernake gets his advice from larry kudlow................

#20     Jun 26, 2008