fed meeting

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trade555, Nov 5, 2001.

1. any of you out there have a problem making money before during and after a fed meeting i almost always loose money at this time id like to know if anyone has overcome this or just stop trading during this time

2. I always take the day off on a fed-decision days. It's just not worth the risk for me.

3. do you know anyone who makes constant money because everyone i know hates this time they mostly get killed I'm trying to find out if I'm wasting my time trying to trade

4. The day of the announcement is not a good day to trade, imho. The day before can be very quiet, too. Just take a day or two off.

5. This is the pattern I've used after about a dozen loosing fed days, I haven't lost money on one now in like the last 4 fed days. I buy qqq and ge moo. I add more if the market drops. At some point there is a general fade up into the announcement. I then sell and reverse short on ge. I find that ge likes to have one fast shake right before the announcement. I then went flat on that shake today.