Fed Meeting Today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Roman Candle, Apr 29, 2009.

1. #13     Apr 29, 2009
  2. A little early to drink, no?

#14     Apr 29, 2009
  3. That must be it, with such an important meeting how could I be so dumb. Geesh the Fed meeting, everyone knows when the fed meetings are wow I really blew it. I really missed out today.

#15     Apr 29, 2009
  4. Since you guys are professional traders and keep up with the news flows, I was wondering why the employment report is not tomorrow the first Friday of the month?

#16     Apr 29, 2009
  5. You jest but this is very true. If you are a pro trader (ie your sole source of income, or majority of income) then you know when major new releases are being released. Plain and simple.

A market moving event such as the FOMC announcement is one of the, if not thee, most market moving announcements we have intraday.

#17     Apr 29, 2009
  6. Not 100% on this but perhaps it's because they don't have as much time to gather the data and prepare the report. Sometimes when the Friday is the 1st or 2nd of the month, the report is Friday week.

#18     Apr 29, 2009
  7. Expect more marke pumping and more green in the markets after the announcement.

THE GOVERNMENT IS OUT OF CONTROL!

#19     Apr 29, 2009
  8. Was thinking this morning's up might be from expectations Bernanke is going to do some wind-song jaw boning.... is it possible he hinted at that to Da Boyzs before this morning??

#20     Apr 29, 2009