Fed hints at taper, Keynsians everywhere stunned as rates rise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Whoa, looks like 2005, 2009, 2011 all over again!

*yawn*

#11     Jun 20, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Further illustrates your complete lack of understanding.

2005 was pre-crash, there was no QE to taper, merely low rates (1.5%) to rise from.

2009 and 2011 had no tapering, merely promises of more QE (which happened). This time, we're at the end of the road. Of course, the Fed could come out and say it will monetize in order to peg rates down - saying they'll do more QE is pointless, since by 2014 end they will be QE'ing more than the Treasury Issues entirely.

You just don't see the challenge the Fed has ahead, do you? It's not your fault, I guess. I blame inbreeding or severe alcohol poisoning over a long period of time.

#12     Jun 20, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Yada yada yada. You're a prime example of, mentioned in another thread, one who's trying to sell fear. Look at 30 years of the 30 year, and slither back under your rock until we have something real to worry about.

#13     Jun 20, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's all you've got. No facts, no information, just head-in-the-sand rhetoric.

Overlay your 30 years of the 30 year with similar US debt time-frame.

Debt doesn't matter, right?

#14     Jun 20, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

That's all you've got, accusations.

Debt matters, so do assets.

#15     Jun 20, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

All I've got is accusations? I posted a lot of stuff backing up my point in this thread. What'd you do? Show up and troll a bit? Hell, even your gold thread with the same headline format was an attempt at trolling. That's all you've got.

Although I do commend you on finally admitting that debt matters. It's good to see you take that first step at disowning your false god.

#16     Jun 20, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#18     Jun 20, 2013
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Ya gotta admit, we have some true champion can kickers! I mean, look at Japan for instance! How is the Yen still even considered money?

I am seriously impressed.

#19     Jun 20, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

Taper! Just imagine what would have happened if Bernanke had even mentioned the word "unwind." Even if he said, 'we're not going to unwind now." It would be like yelling fire in a crowded theater. :D

#20     Jun 20, 2013