FED directed 7 day "banking holiday"....what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ScottD

ScottD

Everyone knows that in the past banks and exchanges have been temporarily closed, safe deposit boxes temporarily sealed, and so on. And of course it could certainly happen again. No one is saying otherwise.

I'm going to type real slow for you BullAlert because honestly you don't seem too bright:

Y o u r - BofA - s t o r y - i s - a - h o a x.

What a laughable, gullible dope you are.

#41     Oct 10, 2008
  2. It's not my story, dumbass. I just happened to read it. But now I'm going to apply something you don't understand" logic.

Please enlighten me on how you are able to discern that such a memo was not distributed. Are you on the B o A board? If not, how do you KNOW it's bullshit?

#42     Oct 10, 2008
  3. ScottDenial - I am sorry you are having such an emotional reaction to a story that is out and being reported by people such as Bob Chapman. Obviously, I DID NOT make the story up but merely passed on information that I have heard now from three separate sources (during a very historic period of our american history where the US banking system is falling apart all around you.....you do see that don't you?).

No one knows at all what will happen next as this degrading financial crisis spreads. To be PREPARED for all possible events such as a mandated banking holiday is VERY prudent imo. It is very apparent that events are out of control and NO ONE can say that the crisis has been PROPERLY contained. It is actually EXTREMELY logical that a banking holiday would be implemented if the market sell-off and credit crisis continues.....that is a no brainer. Banks in the U.S. DO NOT have unlimited cash positions to handle any escalation of the current daily withdrawal trend.......the math don't work.....to think otherwise would be DENIAL!

#43     Oct 11, 2008
  4. You are right....no one knows for sure but a select few. To emotionally attack such reports as a HOAX from a person like Bob Chapman during our current situation ("context ratio"), that is just plain improper psychological vigilance.

#44     Oct 11, 2008
  5. #45     Oct 11, 2008
  6. I'm hearing from a number or reliable sources that posters on chat boards spreading dangerous rumors will be tracked down and prosecuted as enemies of the state.

just passing that along.

#46     Oct 12, 2008
  7. Sure....that should be really high on their priority list just below investigating who ripped trillions out of our economy!

YAWN.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

#47     Oct 12, 2008
  8. ScottD

ScottD

Yes, I've heard this from 4 sources, including an international conspiracy theorist and someone in the law enforcement industry (a security guard) here in Porkpie, South Carolina. I also heard from an unreliable source that the FBI has directed our local volunteer sheriff's department to pre-print signs that say "Rumor-mongers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

I'm just reporting a rumor. I don't really believe it though! so don't hold me accountable for spreading "information" or for yelling "Fire!" in the theatre when there is no fire -- because, you see, the conditions are ripe for a fire and I want you to be ready. I'm here to help.

If you call me on this, I am going to claim that you aren't aware that we have serious systemic problems, and everyone will be bamboozled and will consider me to be very savvy.

#48     Oct 12, 2008
  9. Just another timid, docile, and dumbed down american who is rampant with emotional based reactive FEAR (from the thoughts of any activities in a realm outside their "box" of psychological norms). I actually feel sorry for those that are inclined to direct their fear response toward anyone other than the entities ACTUALLY destroying the economy/banking infrastructure (the REAL people you should be worried about). :eek:

:D

Now please sit down and take your "chill pill".....you will be OK, and I promise YOUR friendly always ethical and financially stable bank will NEVER EVER do anything bad to you....I promise!!! wink, wink :p

#49     Oct 12, 2008
  10. Looks like BofA heading in the right direction now......no banking holiday needed for them in the future......LOL! :eek:

....or any other bank for that matter. :eek:

#50     Jan 20, 2009