FED directed 7 day "banking holiday"....what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 9, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

[​IMG]

• bear.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    #31     Oct 10, 2008
  2. Talking head on CNBC was just BEGGING for a week long banking holiday........way too funny!!! He said all you irrational americans need a "time out".........LOL! :D

#32     Oct 10, 2008
  3. ScottD

ScottD

What does that have to do with your believing and propagating the BofA hoax story that you 'heard from 3 sources' ?

Let's take a person mentally weak enough to believe the BofA hoax/story. Is that person also capable of seeing things clearly and making the trades you list?

#33     Oct 10, 2008
  4. It has directly to do with wether my judgement analizing the various NEWS/DATA that I do is actionable for TRADING (this is a trading forum and BANKING is a huge aspect of our economy). There has been no action in my past during this financial grid takedown that SHOWS AT ALL that I was gullible imo. :)

Also, the sharing of the information I track/use should not be challenged so easily. It looks very well like those that I pay attention to where ABSOLUTELY RIGHT in their predictions of the current economic events.

Don't forget....you drew first blood! :D

#34     Oct 10, 2008
  5. ScottD

ScottD

Alright, let's do this: By the end of 2008, if and when your BofA hoax story has proven false, you will change your ET name to "AMTTheGullible" and post once a week for a year as public flogging. And I'll change mine to ScottTheBSDetector. Vice versa for the reverse circumstance.

#35     Oct 10, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

BEER!

#36     Oct 10, 2008
  7. Thanks EP :D

#37     Oct 10, 2008
  8. ScottD,

You seem to be more interested in attacking those trying to share information than doing the homework and determining if the story fits into the context of the worldwide financial meltdown that is happening under your nose.

Although I was not sitting beside the Italian PM to hear him say this (and I don't speak Italian anyway) here is what is being reported as this man's DIRECT QUOTE:

“The idea of suspending the markets for the time it takes to rewrite the rules is being discussed,” Berlusconi said today after a Cabinet meeting in Naples, Italy. A solution to the financial crisis “can’t just be for one country, or even just for Europe, but global.”

Regardless of your opinion of the legitimacy of this man's statement, you would need to be a fool to think it out of context with what is happening today and over the past weeks. How many times have you heard "global" and "coordinated" with respect to how the "world" and its "leaders" must deal with these problems?

Do some studying on US history. There have been times where US banks were closed and safe deposit boxes where raided by the feds. There are anti-hoarding laws on the books today that allow the government to confiscate damn near all of your property in "times of crisis." The Patriot Act took these types of powers to the next level.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD. I AM NOT SAYING THE MARKETS WILL BE CLOSED. But open your mind to possibilities before you start calling others gullible when you seem to have shown up for class without your homework. Come next week, if the braintrust has decided to close the financial markets, you are going to feel fairly stupid.

#38     Oct 10, 2008
  9. ScottD

ScottD

BullAlert, you seem to have lost the plot. Try to keep up. Everyone knows we are in a financial meltdown; it's going to get worse; and the US government may do dumb things.

Sharing information is helpful; sharing bullshit in the guise of 'information' is not.

My comments in this thread relate specifically to AMT's (and your) gullible belief that the FED has "directed week long banking holiday ... to include the news that B of A has already made signs ready to be posted if directed. "

The story is utter bullshit and anyone with a decent detector knows it.

I am signing you up for my BofA bet with AMT, described above.

If and when you lose, your handle shall be BullshitArtist, preserving your initials.

#39     Oct 10, 2008
  10. Hey MF, reading comprehension must not be your thing. I quoted an Italian official, not the fucking Fed. I also specifically said that I was NOT saying financial markets will be closed.

It is innane MF's like you that remind me why never to spend more than 3 seconds replying or responding to people on this site. Reading is fundamental! They should bring back R.I.F.!

#40     Oct 10, 2008