FED directed 7 day "banking holiday"....what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Great taste....less filling! :D

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. Such a ridiculous thread. Like it will ever happen.

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Correct....so WHAT WOULD YOU DO if this was implemented....what would be YOUR plan?

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. EPrado

EPrado

All you need is an up 500 day in the dow and everyone will chill out.

Problem is we might have to wait until the dow is at 3000 for that up day.

#14     Oct 9, 2008
  5. I hope you are a WISEMAN!

#15     Oct 9, 2008
  6. ..I would knit a quilt to keep myself warm in these troubled times...

#16     Oct 9, 2008
  7. this is so stupid, it sounds like you're making it up. who are your sources, your grandma and your aunt's dentist's neighbor's gardener?

if your gas tank were nearly empty, and you needed to commute 40 miles a day to work, and you couldn't withdraw cash or use your visa card, how the fuck are you gonna go to work?

yeah, shutting down the entire economy for a few days is really gonna help boost employment and gdp.

#17     Oct 9, 2008
  8. I'd study film of the black bear and learn to catch salmon out of the river with my mouth

#18     Oct 9, 2008
  9. EPrado

EPrado

Did you not see my mad max reference ?

Motorcycles and chainsaws.

Seriously....if I REALLY think this could happen I would empty my bank account..go to the food store...and buy a shitload of food.

Thinking like that though is insane and would cause a huge run on the banks.

So I am not gonna act.....worst case scenario I have 2 big dogs.....would live on their dog food....then if necessary...eat them.

I keed

I keed.

Joking.

#19     Oct 9, 2008
  10. pclark

pclark

Sounds like a good way to insight even more panic. In fact after the Holiday I would withdrawl all my money and redirect my funds that are direct deposit and go back to recieving it in a check or better yet figure out how to get paid in cash.

This would not ever happen anyway. At least not the way you stated. They have to give people access to their money.

Paul

#20     Oct 9, 2008