Fed Day charts

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by guy2, Nov 10, 2004.

1. guy2

guy2

2. Truff

Truff

thanks guy, great info, appreciate it

3. I agree. Interesting site as well.

4. guy2

guy2

5. You are doing great things with this website. Great job. I really appreciate your posts.

6. bronks

bronks

I have to agree with this. Lots of info. there for newbs and experienced traders. Nice work.

7. guy2

guy2

The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) consensus forecast is for a rise in the interest rates from 2.25% to 2.5%. Meeting starts today and rate change (if any) will be announced tomorrow at 14:15 EST.

8. silk

silk

look back at 1998-2002 and you will see lots of 20 point swings in the s&p's.

Too bad market doesn't trade like that anymore.

9. guy2

guy2

Did you trade any of those days? If so, how did you do?

10. guy2

guy2

The FOMC meeting is likely to bring in a widely anticipated 25-basis-point increase in the federal funds rate target. Market players will be more interested in the post-meeting statement. Will the word "measured" be deleted from the statement? That is the current expectation. However, it is probable that the change would still wreak havoc in the financial markets. In this case, what is expected may still not be fully digested.

Federal funds rate target Consensus Forecast for Mar 22 05: 2.75 percent (+0.25 percent)

#10     Mar 21, 2005