Fed Announces Rates!! Massive market Surge!! I Am Right

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 29, 2006.

1. i would rather have 1/2 brain be making lots of money than have a full brain and be a broke @SS short.

my picks are up making $$

#31     Jul 3, 2006
  2. Another great day

market down alot but im high and dry today

Hans UP 4%!! Damn..friggin amazing

Tie down 4% no biggie

Goog ONLY down .8% such chump change

AAPL down 1.5%

CHAP down just 2.5%

Averaging all the stocks..im only down 1% overall 4 the day ..chicken feed

and thats on a 'selling' day

So far, so good. And still 30 min left of trading for more $$

Tommorow all my stock will be up 1-5% for another big day of gains.

if you cant make money in these markets you simply suck at the stock market

#32     Jul 5, 2006
  3. Today:

HANS -.82%
    TIE -1.18%
    GOOG +.41%
    AAPL -2.16%
    CHAP +.87

Yet the NASDAQ, as a whole was up!

You're right - this IS easy!

#33     Jul 6, 2006
  4. Update of Stock_Trad3r picks

rec date 6/29/06

Hans rec @ 180 current $205 +14%
    Goog rec @ 413 current $426 +3%
    Tie rec @ 33 current $31.5 -4.5%
    Aapl rec @ 58 current $55 -5.2%
    Chap rec @ 70 current $71 +1.4%

Overall+ 1.74% as of 7/7/06 at 11AM Eastern time

Today it looks like the nasdaq has gapped down today and stabalized which is VERY BULLISH.

Buyers will step in to fill the gap towards the close and on monday.

#34     Jul 7, 2006
  5. can you predict the next nas + 2% session?

#35     Jul 7, 2006
  6. Probably 2% day next week. The market has colsolidated after the staggering 3% thursday nasdaq rally last week and will probably pop again next week.

Big money isnt going to sell over some job report or the fed possibly raising rates by another .5%. Already priced in. Time to buy solid stocks now. Fundementals are great. North korea just blowin hot air. Etc

Who makes money in the stock market? Those who buy then there is every reason not to sell.

never short the gap downs & dips..buy em up instead

#36     Jul 7, 2006
  7. oh no market falling time to sell aghhhh just kidding lol

This is a great buying opp daytrader or not

The gap down formation today is very bullish still and there is an hour left of trading. I expect the nasdaq to rebound sharply to the close and then rally monday to yesterdays close.

Meanwhile im loading up now on some HANS and GOOG since those have been the best performers thus far.
    And taking some $$ off AAPL since it sucks.

And jsut cause there is a slew of so called 'bad news 'is no reason to sell or short. Remeber 2000? All was good untill that crash that is....

Then remember october 2002? How bleak everything seemed? The nasdaq would later rally 1000+ points...

#37     Jul 7, 2006

8. BOOOOOOOOO.......YAHYAHYAHYAH Jimbo...

Should I buy, sell or hold HANS? It is down almost 10% today.

#38     Jul 10, 2006
  9. :: crickets ::

(this thread is hilarious)

#39     Jul 10, 2006
  10. Now I'm not one to short individual equities very often, but I will short Indexes as a whole and one of the best way to do this is through the Direxion Funds.....May 15th I put on a nice size position in many of these bear funds, and this is one I'm still holding.....So I would like you to let me know when you think the next 2% move in the QQQQ is coming....Just kidding

I really hope you got out of HANS before the split today....You could see this coming from a mile away.....becareful .....Speculative beverage money flowing into JAVo_Ob, CCBEF.ob, LBIX, FIZ (KO and PEP for a safe place to hide).....All of which I currently own....Sold HANS @207.84 on 7/6 before the split....

TIE up close to 6000% in 4 years....You may be a little late to this one, but good for trading....becareful and watch BA stock for a sign to get out...I personaly own CRS for aerospace titanium.

GOOG----Well I can't say anything bad about this one, except maybe CLICK FRAUD.....Great company, but I sold this one last friday at 425.60.....Earnings will be a wild day and could warrant some type of vega strategy, Long or Short that day is too much of a gamble and I was happy with my 13% gain....

AAPL----Back dated Options problems and last years story...Nasdaq taking it down and margins on IPOD questionable.....becareful

CHAP----YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you have a winner.....Great stock....Foward Multiple getting back up there, but I feel it can have a foward P/E of at least 12.....another large holding of mine, but very volatile.....I guess this goes with your theme of having some of the most volatile stocks on the US market in your portfolio.....I like it, but balance is key to building a stable portfolio

This is not meant to be rude, just my opinion about these 5 holding.....I enjoy your post, but making money is not as easy as it may seem during good times.....One must prepare a portfolio with the defense first and then speculate around core positions, during times like this.....Make no doubt about it this bull market feels like a three legged stool thats about to break a leg....Most indexes are floating right above 200 day MA (Russell 2000) or have broken down below and can't get started back up (Nasdaq 100)......The mighty DOW is hanging in there as the flight to safety continues....

$COSTAverageMAN

#40     Jul 10, 2006