Fed Annoucement might be a blood bath

Discussion in 'Forex' started by downrivertrader, Oct 31, 2007.

1. :) As you can see gauge from the numbers of post that i have made i am just starting this trading business.

Note : forex calender says that "USD FOMC Rate Decision" was going to be announced at 18:15pm (gmt) which is equal to 13:15pm (est = ny time)

However the irradic moves starts on 14:00 pm (est = ny time).

My guestion is : what took so long for currency markets to react?

Did the quants of big banks took 45 minutes to calculate the change that would take place?

TrueStory:
    Can you answer? thanks.

#11     Oct 31, 2007
  2. I have had a tough time this year. I have been long dollar on several occaissons, only to get washed away in the euphoria. I am holding shorts again. I still have a couple bullets left for my gun.

I think we are overshot fundamentally, but it really doesn't matter what I think now does it. It just keeps going and going.

I ran out of insights in July. I did see a lot of fairly big size being thrown in at 1.45 today on the globex. I haven't seen this for a long time. Wasn't this the old high of the DM in the olden days of the planet?

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! It is him.

#13     Oct 31, 2007

4. Are you guys talking about me???

downrivertrader: Can you answer my question on my previous post? thanks.

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

18:15 GMT is 14:15ET
    After the time change ET will be GMT - 5 hours.

#15     Oct 31, 2007

6. Thank you TL Trader. (just wanted to increase my post count :))

#16     Oct 31, 2007
  7. Was massive option protection at 1.45 today. It's also very close - if not right on - to the old synthetic DM high.

#17     Oct 31, 2007
  8. 1.4535 is the equivalent.

#18     Nov 1, 2007
  9. Neil,

I hope you got Barron's permission to post your advertisement, mate.

#19     Nov 1, 2007