Feature Request: To Be Able To See Threads initiated by IGNORED User

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by shortie, Jul 22, 2011.

IGNORE Option Should

1. Mask both Threads AND Posts initiated by the IGNORED

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Mask ONLY Posts initiated by the IGNORED

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Right now if I put somebody on IGNORE then I don't see both their posts and the threads they initiated.

I think it would be better to be able to see those threads (but not the posts of the user on IGNORE). The thread may have 100s of posts by the users I would not mind reading.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Never gonna happen. I've already been down this road and the overwhelming response is that the members want to see nothing at all from an ignored user.

3. could this be made optional?

i am not sure why people would not want this? all they could see would be the thread titles. how disturbing could they be?

p.s. Baron, I noticed you got downgraded to "ET Sheriff" :)

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The logic is this: When a member puts a user on ignore it's because that user is annoying as hell. Most people simply don't want to see ANYTHING from that user, especially new idiotic threads. The only reason why I'm stating that this is fact is because I used to have it set up in the way you are proposing, but the feedback was clearly that nobody wanted to see anything whatsoever from an ignored user, which is why I got rid of threads titles as well.

5. I have a poster on ignore that makes a lot of posts every day and every time they do, I still get the notice that they have made another post. Why can't "ignore" really mean ignore. I don't need to be reminded several times a day that this person is posting.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I tried that on a test version of the site, but the database overhead for doing that was so intense that it slowed everything to a crawl.