Feasibility Question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tminuspi, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tminuspi

tminuspi

Can a trader with decent skills pull 6.4% gross profit per month out of a $250,000.00 account (using 2X margin)?

2. MGJ

MGJ

If feasible means "not theoretically impossible" then, sure, it is feasible. Is it likely? Try it and find out.

3. tminuspi

tminuspi

So, I should take that as a "no"?

4. RL8093

RL8093

The best way you can answer your question is with your own history. Has your record demonstrated this type of performance (w/ this size) over a significant period of time? Since you're asking the question, you obviously do not have this track record.

Then the answer for you is "No". There are a myriad of issues that cause skilled & knowledgeable traders to fail. To have a better understanding, start in the Newbie FAQ, read the books and also read through the many threads which are permutations of your question...

R

5. gnome

gnome

That would be about 40% average return unleveraged. There are only a HANDFUL of traders in history with audited track records to show they've done that over 10 years.

If trader's skills are "only decent", then "no way, HoseA". Odds against it for anyone.

6. tminuspi

tminuspi

Thanks for your responses. I should further explain why I'm asking this question.

I want to start a non-profit, and wanted an in-house funding method. I came up with a system that works, but it incurs around $10,000.00 per month in fees (credit-card processing, margin interest, and (probably) capital gains). Therefore, I figured I needed around $16,000.00 (or 6.4% gross) monthly to cover for trading mistakes and still make it worth doing.

7. tminuspi

tminuspi

Actually, I think I miscalculated on my end, so let me restate the original question:

Can a trader pull 3.2% gross profit per month with a $250,000.00 account (using 2X margin)?