Feasibility of landing a quant job as a fresh master of physics grad

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TauLepton, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Reading is fundamental. Remember that slogan? Here, try this...

A good read.

#61     Oct 25, 2017
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

tell you what you read my shit and i'll read your shit, in fact i'm reading about that whack job right now and wondering was it physical or mental damage that steered you that way?

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/

#62     Oct 25, 2017
  3. Sig

Sig

I served over 20 years in the military. You clearly served 0. You don't get to call me or anyone else who served a "buttercup" or "snowflake". According to you I'm a "flaming liberal" and therefore un-hirable, and yet served a full military career, thus hirable? You'd be shocked to learn the military is chock full of "flaming liberals", how do you comport that with your worldview? You've wrapped yourself in knots with this whole stereotyping thing, see what you've done? I'll just end by saying you're clearly getting what you deserve, now stop complaining about it because it's all you, not them.

#63     Oct 25, 2017
    Overnight likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

Simply intellectual curiosity, something you might be well in need of.

#64     Oct 25, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Mark, just chill with some music. As a baby boomer, you can appreciate the classics to calm down the mind, yes?

#65     Oct 25, 2017
  6. Trading has made him angry,

Down, with tha Brown"

#66     Oct 25, 2017
    MarkBrown likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

You want to play games with university studies on consciousness? Here, back at ya'. You kinnnigget!

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Enjoy that one, take a few years to digest the information there, and what it represents.

#67     Oct 25, 2017
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

you have created a LIE and are running with it. lol fabricator!

#68     Oct 25, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

To claim that Sig is lying about his military service is not just abruptly ignorant, because you do not know him, but disrespectful in the outright. That was seriously uncalled for. I am very grateful for the sacrifices our US military have and continue to make for the freedoms we take for granted so we can have this little disagreement we are having on a forum hosted in the USA. If this were North Korea, they might have already had your head on a platter for any little thing you have said that offended that regime. Do you understand that?

Your attitude had made me nauseous. Here's what I was going to post about the Princeton global consciousness project before I saw your latest response, and was going to direct you further if you were interested. But it seems to me you don't give a shit about anything.

"Hypothesis: Periods of collective attention or emotion in widely distributed populations will correlate with deviations from expectation in a global network of physical random number generators."

MarkBrown, good grief...Never disrespect the military or first responders. Honor them. I guess you have never been through a 9/11. Oi.

Sig, thank you for your service sir/ma'am.

#69     Oct 25, 2017
  10. Sig

Sig

It sounds like you're calling my military service a lie. How about this. I private message you a picture of my retired military ID in exchange for a simple apology in this thread and an honest effort on your part to do a better job not stereotyping? Deal?

#70     Oct 25, 2017
    speedo likes this.