Fear

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jztrading, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Back when I was a kid and we had mills in american. They worked 3 shifts. Second shift started at about 4:00pm and lasted till 12:00 midnight. You could have worked that shift, gone to bed and had plenty of time to trade in the morning. I expect there are still jobs like that available. They will pay the rent as well as your tuition. None of my business but thought it could help.

#31     Mar 10, 2004
  2. I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT THANKYOU. UNFORTANATLY MY BILLS ARE $6000 A MONTH THAT INCLUDES MY MORTGAGE AND TAXES, SO A PART TIME JOB WONT REALLY HELP.

#32     Mar 10, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Reduce your expenses.

#33     Mar 10, 2004
  4. MOST OF MY EXPENSES ARE REAL MORTAGE, TAXES PHONE BILL GAS ELECTRIC ETCi DOWNGRADED MY CELL PHONE AND CABLE SERVICE BUT STILL HAVE HIGH OVERHEAD

#34     Mar 10, 2004
  5. this may be the wrong profession for you. The majority of us have igsignificant overheads and not the worry of families to feed. It seems like you have to much stress about those 2 things to devote any time to serious trading..let me ask you a question: If you made 6k a month would you be happy? I think you are using trading as a scapegoat for other things.

The only chance you have to make it in this biz is to be brutally honest with yourself. If you want im me and we can discuss these isssues further.

#35     Mar 10, 2004
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since you switched to caps, I assume that you're becoming impatient with what, on the whole, has been good advice.

You're concerned about supporting your family and about having to live off savings and you have a cell phone and cable service? Shall I assume that your home is more than 2000 sq. ft.?

You're going to need a lot more than a self-help book to deal with your fear. A reality check with regard to what's reasonable and what's possible within the context of your assets and income will be much more beneficial.

#36     Mar 10, 2004
  7. There are people out there that have overhead expenses, apparently you are not at this point yet. give the guy a break..we all can't live in a one bed flat.

#37     Mar 10, 2004
  8. Again my fat fingers are the cause for the caps sorry. I am very happy with every response I've heard, they are much appreciated. I dont know what the ansewer is but i know I can be succesful in trading, thats how i made the money I have now its been good to me. I think part of my problem is that the stratagy I use charts etc are still habits of my marketmaking days which can not be used for daytrading, its a diffrent world

#38     Mar 10, 2004
  9. areyoukidding

You are right. People are different.

A friend of mine inherited his fathers multimillion dollar company. Ran it into the ground in a few years and end up in the federal pen for conspiracy to defraud the federal government. After he got out of jail, he came to see me about a job. He said he couldn't live on less than 80K per year. I couldn't help him.

I haven't heard from him lately but I expect that he is getting along on less than that now.

#39     Mar 10, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

2000 sq ft is hardly a one-bed flat. My point was that $6k/mo "overhead" is a bit high for a couple with one toddler.

Cell phones and cable are not necessities. And I'll just make a wild guess that they don't shop at Target and that they're not driving an economy car (assuming they have only one).

Cutting expenses doesn't mean getting a library card.

#40     Mar 10, 2004