Fear of equity wipeout by the government.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 5, 2009.

1. \

Very accurate statement. Bear in mind that most voters under the age of 35 have never lived through a recession. Young Americans believe that prosperity is a brithright. The hard lessons of the Jimmy Carter years have not been embraced by the new generation. More scary is the notion by elected Legislators that we can rack-up debt in perpetuity.
    I believe that the election of Obama illustrates the intellectual
    decline of America. I predict that we are in for a painful hard lesson with the expansion of Big Goverment. I only hope that the younger generation learns from this mistake.

#21     Mar 7, 2009
  2. I remember throughout the Bush administration that conservatives/republicans were pinning all economic failures on Clinton. Obama has been in office not quite 2 months and he is "the biggest destroyer of wealth" ever. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt he just moving marginal rates for all income over 250k from 35% to like 40%. I know most on this board hate Obama but I don't think his policies have really had time to either fail or work. Why is nothing ever the republican's fault?

#22     Mar 7, 2009
  3. for the most part, every time the equity market has a big sell off, the money flows into the treasury market. This flow into the treasury market is creating a bid to lower the rates the fed has to pay on new debt issues. I thought Geithner was kind of stupid when he came out with his mumbo jumbo speach just before the vote on the stimulus plan, but now I think Geithner and Obama are dangerously smart. Money is flowing hand over fist into treasuries to fund unsound investments in the greatest power grabb the western world has ever witnessed. I think it will be very interesting when the music stops playing. We will all need to scramble for a chair at that time.

#23     Mar 7, 2009
  4. Let me tell you a lot of folks understand the capital hierarchy structure. This is why you are seeing a massive flight from equity.

#24     Mar 7, 2009
  5. LOL!
    Professor Marvel never guesses. He knows! :p

BTW: If Cramer can "rationalize" Dow 5000, Dow 5000 is pretty rosy :eek: ;)

Once unthinkable, now unstoppable.
    obama-lama

#25     Mar 7, 2009

6. Well said

#26     Mar 7, 2009
  7. Trader200K

Trader200K

He has a plan.

He is not here by accident.

But you know we get what we deserve.

I don't hate Obama..I hate the people who voted for him.

He was very open about his intentions and his record was there.

------------------------------------------

Yes this is true. It is formally known as the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6967

Prepare now rather than want later...

#27     Mar 26, 2009
  8. eagle

eagle

I don't blamed McCain. But I hated people who didn't vote for Romney. And the big issue arrived on the right time, the economy. Then McCain's record had no weapon facing Democrats. You deserve whom you voted for.

#28     Mar 26, 2009