FDIC looking to boost headcount by 70%, prepares for bank failures

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Mar 26, 2008.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Help you find your wallet, anyway.

#11     Mar 27, 2008

2. Some web site I looked at said 2 percent of population works for federal gov't and when you add in state, local and municipal it gets to around 10 percent.

#12     Mar 27, 2008
  3. They included all Fed, state, local, firefighters, police, teachers, everyone not in the private sector. The number has always been high, this was just a "record" of sorts I guess.

Don

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. I've been looking for Elaine Cho (Sec of Labor) coming out and spinning this. So far, no go.

They are, after all, new jobs.

#14     Mar 27, 2008
  5. Yeah, and Paulson says that $600 per person is going to create 500,000 jobs, sure it will.

Don :p

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. For a 150bb, they could have had a solar power initiative, lowered the price of oil, created jobs............ Instead, you pass it out like bread to starving people. Not giving enuf to sustain anyone, just moving everyone on to the next day.

They are right about one thing. it'll be spent. No bills bein' paid that day.

#16     Mar 27, 2008
  7. Now you're speaking my language. Put the money into something of value to al Americans. I'm saying TVA, but we could use some infrastructure, and yes, Solar would be great. We just flipped the switch on our Nevada Power Solar Farm, cool.

Yes, and a "weekend in Vegas" is all the cash will amount to. And, heaven forbid your household makes $150K, you get nothing.

Don

#17     Mar 28, 2008
  8. cstfx

cstfx

I was saying that back in 2001. Those dollars would have had a better return had they been re-invested in back into this country through various infrastructure jobs that have, over the past few years, become evidently in need of repairs and major upgrades. Think about it, bridges that may not be on the verge of collapse, major power lines not being taken out by a tree, building the necessary delivery infrastructure for hydrogen and ethynol. Real job creation over the past 8 years instead of this 100k/month amount we were getting.

#18     Mar 28, 2008