FDIC Chairwoman Sheila Bair Says Your Money's Safe, hahaha

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Understand what? Money supply, budget and trade deficit? You're telling me I should actually trade currencies off of that? Please, spare me. If you followed your own advice you'd very likely blow up in record time.

#21     Aug 28, 2009
  2. ipatent

ipatent

My guess is that another banking shakeout is coming and the dollar will rally like it did the last time.

#22     Aug 28, 2009
  3. ........ And what are your thoughts on Area 51?

#23     Aug 28, 2009
  4. Classic Anaconda line! Clearly he's tough as nails...LOL

#24     Aug 28, 2009
  5. I have NEVER stated anything of the sort. I have never in my life suggested a FOREX trade because I am fully aware of the mechanics & forces behind it. I don't trade Forex, never have, never will and rarely had any interest in a market that is controlled by central banks. I specifically quoted your sarcastic remark on USA being broke & Bernanke printing dollars to illustrate the idiocy behind your sarcasm.
    The matter of fact is that the closest to hard currency available in the currency markets are the Euro with less than half of a percent of gold tied to it and dropping, and Swiss Franc, which technically stopped being a hard currency around 2002. So one fiat versus another fiat with all of the major central banks printing at record pace really just makes it a guessing game of which currency is devaluing faster at the particular time.

#25     Aug 28, 2009
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, just wanted to ask a quick question but doesn't China and Russia actually have gold backing the majority of their currencies?

#26     Aug 28, 2009
  7. So... why did you reply to my original comment again? Just so you can tell me about the gold standard?

I said all the quasi-fundamental "USA is broke, Bernanke printing 24/7" noise does not guarantee the USD will go down in a straight line without sharp counter rallies, otherwise it would mean shorting the USD with 10x leverage was a risk free trade.

But you don't get that. Instead, you respond telling me about fiat currencies and twin deficits everybody and their mom has been reading about for the last 25 years in gold bug doomsday newsletters? This gibberish actually makes you feel "knowledgeable"? Good God.

You are a waste of my time.

#27     Aug 28, 2009
  8. the1

the1

Another ET thread turns into a knock-down, drag-out. This site is so entertaining :D

#28     Aug 28, 2009
  9. What about the Swiss Franc? Seems like it would be a safe harbour currency.

#29     Aug 28, 2009
  10. You are a waste of a human brain. Your assumptions are wrong, stupid & ignorant. And you obviously lack the ability to comprehend what I wrote or why there is a belief that the USA is broke. And apparently you lack basic observational skills as you would have notice the obvious eroding power of USD over years, let alone decades.

Like I originally thought. Mental disability.

#30     Aug 28, 2009