FDAX day trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by shortbleu, May 16, 2009.

1. bennie83

bennie83

I am no longer putting up with the high commissions of UK/European brokers. So I'm going to use a US broker to trade FTSE Future, Emini S&P and Dax Future. Any recommendations? I've got a shortlist of RCG, Infinity, Mirus, Global and Amp. Reputable firms etc? Cheers.

#21     Jun 7, 2009
  2. bennie83

bennie83

By the way could you confirm the following contracts and their respective exchanges?

FTSE Future (LIFFE). 1 tick = £5
    E mini S&P (CME). 1 tick = $12.50
    Dax future (Eurex?) 1 tick =?
    DJ Eurostoxx 50 (Eurex) 1 tick =?

Thanks

#22     Jun 7, 2009

3. The answer was given to you already:

When the other indexes are (more or less) shut down due to some holiday DAX (and others associated) is free to do whatever it wants!

That means it is free to do any possible move and it can be manipulated easily.

There I may repeat what I stated elsewhere: DAX is a wild beast that will rip you apart in seconds if you do not know what you do.
    In this case: Watch the other indexes, know the holidays.

Though in this case it was (if you look at the chart from Tuesday 26) probably just that they tried to keep it in line with the major trend. Shortly before close they realized that they had to do some tailoring, it was off track some points (20 in this case). It is necessary to adapt to the realization that this is nothing for the forces that move it (given current volatility).

#23     Jun 7, 2009
  4. Hi Trader KGB,

can you help with this question please:

Does anyone know what happened on the future DAX on Monday 25 May at 20.43 London time? The Dax lost over 20 points in a minute!!! At that time, it ususally does not move much.

Thanks

#24     Jun 7, 2009
  5. #25     Jun 7, 2009
  6. Thanks uexkuell,

Just got your message. The Dax moved a lot that night because of the holiday and the very volume being traded then... That makes sense, thanks:D

#26     Jun 7, 2009
  7. bennie83

bennie83

Thanks Shortbleu.

I lived in France for a while by the way whilst I was studying, Rennes.

So you've chosen to trade Dax future? How is it going?

#27     Jun 7, 2009
  8. bennie83

bennie83

Shortbleu, could you recommend a broker for trading Eurex contracts? CME & LIFFE would be a bonus.

#28     Jun 7, 2009
  9. Mirus Futures seem very good, will open an account with them

#29     Jun 7, 2009
  10. Yes, I've looked into Mirus, seem pretty good.

#30     Jun 8, 2009