FDA: Your body is a drug and we have to regulate it!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Feb 1, 2012.

Are you a drug?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2012.
  1. Yes. Regulate me!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Are you effing kidding me?

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Don't care, just waiting for the Apocolypse

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Is blood a food or a drug?

#21     Feb 1, 2012
  2. The experiment was confirmed. Read more. The frogs did not jump out if the water was heated slowly enuf.

But, you do get my point. So kudos.

#22     Feb 1, 2012
  3. There is your statement in black and white.

My correction is that it is neither. What else need be said?

#23     Feb 1, 2012
  4. Wow, you're a total blockhead.

Just so you know... this is what the FDA does and it's hysterical that you fell for this tinfoil hatted article and apparently "think" the FDA only does (or should do) food and drugs because that's their name :p

FDA is the federal agency responsible for ensuring that foods are safe, wholesome and sanitary; human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices are safe and effective; cosmetics are safe; and electronic products that emit radiation are safe. FDA also ensures that these products are honestly, accurately and informatively represented to the public.
    http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/RulesRegulations/default.htm

Do you "think" the blood supply should be unregulated? What about heart valves? Or diagnostic and therapeutic radiological devices? Is the regulation of those wrong because it's not in the FDA's name? Is that incrementalism threatening our freedom? Only Ron Paul can save us!!! :eek:

#24     Feb 1, 2012
  5. You didn't answer my question, is blood a food or drug? Also, are you a leg?

#25     Feb 1, 2012
  6. No, you didn't answer my questions, chichenshit... no surprise that again you're hiding behind trolling and obfuscation because I've eviscerated your tinfoil hatted thread.

Speaking of you not answering questions, for the FIFTH time -- if your father became al-Qaeda's senior recruiter and the United States killed him, would you become a mortal enemy of the United States?

#26     Feb 1, 2012
  7. You should really look up the meaning of the words you use because I do not think they mean what you think they mean. Are you a leg?

#27     Feb 1, 2012
  8. You should really get a brain transplant. If your father became al-Qaeda's senior recruiter and the United States killed him, would you become a mortal enemy of the United States?

#28     Feb 1, 2012
  9. Was it proven in a court of law, as per article 3 section 3 of the Constitution?

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

So, to spell it out, if the government followed the rule of law, and my father was actually found guilty of treason, I would not exactly be thrilled at the prospect of having him executed but what the hell, it's treason.

If the government of the United States assassinated my father, extra-judicially, that is to say, without affording my father his right to due process, then I would have a serious problem with the US government. Let's face it, the government gets it wrong all the time and that is why we have the right to due process under the law. Those accused are not always guilty.

Now, are you a leg?

#29     Feb 1, 2012
  10. Leading question....please rephrase.

#30     Feb 1, 2012