FDA: Your body is a drug and we have to regulate it!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Feb 1, 2012.

Are you a drug?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2012.
  1. Yes. Regulate me!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Are you effing kidding me?

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Don't care, just waiting for the Apocolypse

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. The government has mass, and that mass gets larger everyday. My solution is to introduce it to an irresistible object, like the will of the American people...just as soon as they turn off Jersey Shore.

#11     Feb 1, 2012
  2. So your argument is since they (FDA) are already doing more then what they are supposed to be doing why not this? Do I have it right?

#12     Feb 1, 2012
  3. Won't happen.

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/

#13     Feb 1, 2012
  4. #14     Feb 1, 2012
  5. So you "think" the FDA shouldn't regulate the blood supply? You're more of a loon that I'd thought.

Regulating stem cells isn't a loss of our freedoms, this thread is a tinfoil hatted joke.

#15     Feb 1, 2012
  6. No, you made a stupid comment which failed to take the context of my post into account. Do you "think" the FDA shouldn't regulate the blood supply?

#16     Feb 1, 2012
  7. You could not possibly have examined that link in ten minutes. That's okay. You seem to think people respond to pain in only one way. Well actually that depends on the type of pain, and the type of person receiving it.

You believe the masses will respond to this pain.

Google: Frogs in boiling water.

#17     Feb 1, 2012
  8. Your post was direct. It stated, is blood a food or a drug. That is exactly what it said. If it was meant differently, it should have been worded differently.

Unless, you are now in the metaphor business.:)

#18     Feb 1, 2012
  9. Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

#19     Feb 1, 2012
  10. The frogs in boiling water experiment is not real:

The boiling frog story is a widespread anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually.[1] According to contemporary biologists the premise of the story is not literally true; a frog submerged and gradually heated will jump out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

I do understand the psychology that you are alluding to and it tends to be true as far as humans are concerned. That is the power of incremental-ism. However, it (change) can only proceed slowly for so long before there are abrupt changes that people begin to notice. I believe those changes are beginning to occur, and some people are beginning to take notice.

Also, I totally get the dumbing down of the populace aspect, which was why I did not read the link in its entirety.

#20     Feb 1, 2012