FCA warns Interactive Brokers UK over alleged insider dealing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mlawson71, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

2. IB is a bucket

3. ofthomas

ofthomas

“The FCA considers that as a result IBUK failed on three separate occasions to identify and report to the FCA transactions which it had reasonable grounds to suspect amounted to market abuse in the form of insider dealing, in breach of rule SUP 15.10.2R in force during the Relevant Period”, the regulator said.

On the other hand, however, FCA notes that IBUK’s senior management or other staff were not aware that its systems and controls fell short of required standards until an FCA visit to IBUK in December 2014."

you should quote the whole thing, otherwise it is completely out of context and can lead to conclusions that might be incorrect.

Digidave10 and Xela like this.
  4. Xela

Xela

This is quite right.

Also, please excuse my commenting that your thread title saying "warns IB over alleged insider dealing" is really highly misleading!!

Surely you see that "warns IB over alleged failure to report insider dealing" would be both very much more accurate and very much less prejudicial? I know it's arguably a bit pedantic to criticise over thread titles, but there'll be people who'll see that title in the forum listings and assume "IB are doing insider dealing"?! [​IMG]

justrading and JackRab like this.
  5. just21

just21

If they gave UK customers a Mastercard they could go shopping instead.

Xela likes this.
  6. Xela

Xela

I know they're talking about it, but people talk about these things and it never happens. The reality is that they'll find - just like PayPal did - that there are huge regulatory and bureaucratic problems involved in doing that, and it's just not worth it. (PayPal even got as far as trying it, for UK customers, at one point a few years ago, but had to withdraw the service pretty quickly.)

7. JackRab

JackRab

Back to IB bashing....

That article is about possible insider trading and possible market abuse by customers... and the FCA is basically reminding IB that they should keep a look out for those.

Xela and justrading like this.