FB

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by beerntrading, Apr 28, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Speaking of Facebook… Marky Z is playing for keeps
    Under fire from all sides -- Democrats, Republicans, Austrians, even Benioffs -- for the Big ’Book’s role in spreading misinformation, Zuckerberg took the situation into his (most likely) human hands at a press conference where he insisted FB won’t police political speech... In other news, FB co-founder Chris Hughes is launching a $10m “anti-monopoly” fund.

#181     Oct 18, 2019
  2. I would be happy if Amazon, Google and FB would stop controlling the popularity of searches. Suppressing the ones they don't find personally convenient and emphasizing the ones they like.

#182     Oct 18, 2019
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Privacy Enforcement

A draft decision was supposed to appear by the end of this year in the first really big enforcement of the EU's tough GDPR privacy law—a case involving WhatsApp that could theoretically cost parent Facebook billions of euros. However, the Irish regulator handling the case has told Fortune her decision has been pushed back into 2020, due to a WhatsApp procedural complaint. Reminder: the law came into effect in May 2018. Fortune

#183     Nov 20, 2019
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

5. Banjo

Banjo

#185     Nov 26, 2019
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

7. Tent

Tent

I find that this is cost for doing business globally. Each country has own laws and your company needs to be aligned with all of them. It makes doing business a bit complicated

#187     Dec 16, 2019
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Facebook jobs

Facebook is adding a further 1,000 jobs in the U.K. this year, bringing the total to over 4,000. COO Sheryl Sandberg will announce the hiring spree today in London. A key focus here will apparently be the handling of toxic content on the platform—so lots of "artificial intelligence" jobs then. CNBC

#188     Jan 21, 2020
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

releaseda long-awaited feature that lets you see exactly which websites are stalking you -- even when you’re not on Facebook.

The new “Off-Facebook Activity” tracker spits out a list of the apps and sites that share your activity with Camp Zuckerberg. The platform can see when you visit a website or open an app, or add an item to your shopping cart, just to name a few examples.

Gohereand click on “Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity” to peer into your personal abyss.

If your total depresses you, play along with us: Gamify that sh*t.
    We conducted an informal poll to find out which contributor to your favorite email racked up the most shameful score. Here’s the leaderboard:

• Steph Smith:1,236 apps and websites (“Omg I won/lost[​IMG]”)
    • Mark Dent:1,170
    • Conor Grant:1,017
    • Caroline Dohack:860 (Including, um, “Gun Dog Supply.” No gun dog, she explained -- “They just make sturdy collars.”)
    • Nick DeSantis:566
    • Zachary Crockett:514 (Highlight: bat-removal service atbatproblems.net.)
    • Brad Wolverton:180 (Apparently only tracked by media outlets and his climbing gym)
    Can you beat our highest score?Tweet your number@TheHustle-- and tell us the weirdest site that shared your info with Facebook. Or tell us on thisGoogle form.

Oh, by the way:If your totalreallycreeps you out, you can delete your history or disconnect yourself from future tracking.

#189     Jan 29, 2020
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Big tax

Facebook accepts that global Big Tech tax reform will mean it needs to pay more tax in more places, CEO Mark Zuckerberg will reportedly say in a speech tomorrow. "I understand that there’s frustration about how tech companies are taxed in Europe. We also want tax reform and I’m glad the OECD is looking at this," Zuckerberg will apparently say, per Politico. Reuters

#190     Feb 14, 2020