FB structured products available today

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by m22au, May 18, 2012.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think Bob Morse said May 29th for listed options.

#21     May 18, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

There's a difference between some bucket shop allowing side bets and RBS issuing a structured product note.

#22     May 18, 2012
  3. You're operating under the assumption that OP didn't misuse the term "structured products". I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that he did.

Emphasis mine. Pick those out, and a UK bucket shop is the only thing that makes sense.

Lets be realistic about the demographic here too. Doubtful that most are even slightly familiar with the term structured product.

#23     May 18, 2012

4. Thanks
    :cool:

#24     May 18, 2012
  5. Quote from eIBD:
    The long-awaited Facebook (FB) IPO finally arrived. Shares of the social-networking company, priced at 38, stormed out of the gate and traded as high as 45. But the stock ceded that 18% gain from its issuing price and closed at 38.15. Volume was a staggering 566 million shares.
    :cool:

#25     May 18, 2012
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

He actually highlighted RBS. But I think he read some article somewhere and pretended he knew more than he did (like he was seeing the order flow himself or being pitched those products). I was surprized that anyone would take principle risk in a name without knowing where implieds were, especially since it will be well known in a week or two.

#26     May 18, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I'm not surprized it closed there. I bet the stock is lower on Monday. This was the first major IPO where most public investors already owned the shares through SecondMarkets, etc. Only funds who had mandates that prevented them from accessing SecondMarkets and piker retail investors had to wait for the IPO.

#27     May 18, 2012
  8. By David De Jong and Devon Pendleton - May 18, 2012

Mark Zuckerberg is one of the 25 richest people on Earth after shares of Facebook Inc. (FB), the world’s most popular social networking company, rose in their first hours of trading.

The company’s shares rose 7.9 percent to $41 per share at 12:45 p.m. New York time, pushing Zuckerberg’s net worth to $20.8 billion, a fortune that would place him 23rd on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, ahead of Amazon.com Inc.’s Jeff Bezos.

Ooops! He lost some of that back by the close.
    Still, not bad for having just turned 28 the other day....
    :D

#28     May 18, 2012
  9. Agreed.

Anyone else find the constant talk on CNBC regarding the underwriters "defending 38" interesting. I mean, we all know it happeneds,I just find it interesting they were broadcasting that this was going on. All of it so they don't have egg on their face on IPO day.

I mean, it happend with VG and everything turned out just fine there. /s

#29     May 18, 2012
  10. m22au

m22au

I am sharing information - however as you can see from my first post:

"Are you planning to trade any of these FB structured products, and if so, which ones do you plan to trade?"

was that I was anticipating responses from those who had access to these products - evidently they're not readily available at all brokers, especially since they trade on the AEB, FWB and SWB exchanges.

Incorrect. All I had to do was press three keys on my keyboard and make one click:

F B and then enter, and then select structured products from a menu of financial instruments related to Facebook.

As for what is being offered - there are 16 different products, the first on the list is "call-turbo-optionsschein".

However I'm not sure what difference that makes if your broker does not allow you to trade them.

#30     May 18, 2012