FB and short term memory

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marcoPolo21, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Exactly... its the plight of a lot of these types of businesses... how do you monitize the traffic without running off your users..

#21     Oct 10, 2012
  2. the1

the1

Me too and I go on it about once per month. WTF is there to do over there? Look at your high school girlfriend's ripped husband? Amazing how some people spend their lives there with a gazillion friends, like that funny Toyota commercial. Come to think of it, FB may have something going here for those brain dead teenagers. Buy when they incorporate music :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xkljLxddVI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#22     Oct 10, 2012
  3. it probably won't happen anytime soon, but when China opens up,
    you can add 100s of millions of users

they know what they have to do [monetize], and it sounds like they're trying

it may not work out, and it may,
    we can't see the future

marc
    :p

#23     Oct 10, 2012
  4. The problem with their new initiatives is that they always roll it out to a few users first and gradually roll it out to the remaining users. I didn't get the Timeline feature until over a year after they first introduced it. Who knows when the majority of users will be able to use the new Gifts and Pay $7 to Promote Your Own Post features.

#24     Oct 10, 2012
  5. the1

the1

Good point. Even though I don't use it many people seem to spend a good portion of their lives on that site. There are a lot of opportunities for this company so even though I don't particularly care for the site as an unbiased view the company has significant upside postential.

From a technical stand point the stock seems to have bottomed and a purchase over today's high of 19.96 would be a nice entry, IMO. If you plan to hold long term there would be no stop -- i.e. investment risk is managed through diversification, not stops.

If you are trading it a stop would be roughly 17.50. Target on the play would be in the area of the June highs are 32.50ish. Resistance starts just above $25 so expect a correction there. That could also be a good place to take a partial profit and possible add that position back at a lower price if the stock offers it.

#25     Oct 11, 2012
  6. the1

the1

Chart

[​IMG]

• fb.jpg
      File size:
      58.1 KB
      Views:
    #26     Oct 11, 2012