FAZ/FAS math

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by privador81, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jprad

jprad

Not possible. All trading in financials would stop long before the index came close to zero.

That being the case, how about you show us that you're more than just bile-laden talk by actually showing us that you know the math and you can apply it to prove me wrong?

C'mon sparky, show us all exactly how the FAZ climbs 1,950% from the current $19 that it trades at the moment.

#21     Mar 27, 2009
  2. Wow, you're even stupider than I thought. FAZ could easily go above 380 with a steady, sustained decline in the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index to the mid to upper 100s, depending on how many days and the % decline each day.

That proves I know the math to anyone else who knows it but I have no intention of spelling it out and wiping your butt for you like your mommy. It's 7th grade math and if you can't do it, go back to school.

#22     Mar 27, 2009
  3. Exactly!

If financials run for a period in either direction either FAS or FAZ will have massive gains. That is the reason it makes sense to be long both.

#23     Mar 27, 2009
  4. jprad

jprad

You're all bile and no brains.

Ain't no way, no how, never going to see 380 during this down leg again.

#24     Mar 27, 2009
  5. You truly are stupid, aren't you? I didn't say it's going to go to 380... I said it easily could which you said was "not possible."

Not only are you stupid, you can't admit when you're wrong.

#25     Mar 27, 2009
  6. jprad

jprad

How's this; so long as the index trades below 700 FAZ will never see 200 again.

#26     Mar 27, 2009
  7. Aawww fiddlesticks.

Yes its possible, but HIGHLY unlikely to happen soon, but honestly who knows what's going to happen next week or next month or next year. So no one can say really, we can only speculate with a pretty fair ammount of support.

On the other hand, even if it could go all the way and hit the target, honestly if you aren't using your stops...then it's your fault really.

#27     Mar 27, 2009
  8. jprad

jprad

It's simply impossible for any leveraged inverse ETF to trade above it's previous high when the underlying instruments they depend on have not reset to levels well above where it was when the inverse ETF began it's previous run.

In other words, as the underlying continue to generally trend down the inverse will experience attenuated spikes with each successive down leg of the underlying.

#28     Mar 27, 2009
  9. Tony O

Tony O

but don't you mean, when the underlying instruments have not reset to levels BELOW where it was..

you are talking inverse here, right?

#29     Mar 27, 2009
  10. jprad

jprad

No, the underlying has to reset higher.

The R1KFS was around 800 when the FAZ started trading. It dropped to around 700 while the FAZ went over 200.

For a similar run over 200 to happen again, the R1KFS will have to first get back up over 800.

#30     Mar 27, 2009