Favre talking about signing with Vikes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drjekyllus, Aug 18, 2009.

1. I am really sick and tired of Brett Favre and his little games he plays to get out of training camp. Lets be honest, his little retirement charade he plays every year is simply to get out of training camp. Make no mistake about it. Plus, the guy hasn't won anything in over a decade. He stunk last year with the Jets and he will stink this year with the Vikes. The Brett Favre act is getting really old. It looks like we are going to have another year of Brett Favre throwing interceptions highlights.

2. Yes, the act is wearing thin but he had a bad last 5 games last season because he had a torn biceps tendon. I used to pitch in the minor leagues and can tell you, when you tear that tendon, you lose all kinds of velocity.

He could have easily had a great season as his QB rating and productivity were tremendous up until he got hurt.

3. Could not agree with you more.

I am a Jets season ticket holder and had to watch Favre "heave and hope" all season long. I never thought he was nearly as good as his hype (thanks mostly to John Madden having a man crush on him), but last year he was awful, just awful.

Look at his numbers from last year-

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/gamelogs?id=FAV540222

22 TD's, 22 INT's, 217 YPG.

27% of his entire TD production came in one game!!! (Arizona)

Take out that Arizona game where he had 6 TD's and 1 INT and his numbers are brutal.

In 9 of his 16 games he threw more INT's than TD's!!!

I will make a prediction right now-

Favre WILL NOT finish the season as the starting QB of the Vikes.

4. 3121

i don't understand the Eagles, there is no upside to this choice :confused:

they have a movie star string Q-back in Mcnabb don't they??

5. Agreed. Theres a whole lot more about the upcoming season that doesn't get talked about because of the Vick and Favre ongoing soap operas.

6. Brett SHOULD have told his coaches and teammates that his arm injury was too bad to continue, but he tried to tough it out. That was his mistake.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think a right biceps tear was the MAIN cause for his dismal numbers down the stretch. Before that, they had wins over Arizona (a superbowl team last year), New England (at Foxboro) and Tennesse (at Tenn). The Jets were 8-3 with a healthy Favre.

Dude, before I torn my biceps tendon pitching, I could hit 91mph on the radar gun. Afterwards I could barely break 85 and with pain. Favre can still play at a high level, he just needs to be healthy. And for a quarterback, when your arm is hurt like that, I don't care who you are, you won't be able to perform.

7. 3121

8. Funny how Favre never mentioned his arm hurt until he shit the bed the last 5 games of the season.
    I'm not buying it. He sucked all season long except for one great game against the Cardinals.

Also, that Arizona team had ZERO wins east of the mississippi last year (0-5) and was 9-7 going into the playoffs. They were MASSIVE underdogs in every game (including the Super Bowl). They got hot at the right time, but I wouldn't count that as a "big win" for Favre or the Jets (BTW- Jets were 1 1/2 point favorites).

Also, New England didn't even make the playoffs, and Tennessee went 3-3 down the stretch after starting 10-0 and lost AT HOME in the playoffs (finishing the season 3-4 in their last 7).

Favre's numbers were awful, but his performance was even worse then the numbers show. He routinely missed wide open recievers, threw awful INT's at the worst times, and took some terrible sacks b/c he held the ball too long.

9. Before he was hurt, the Jets were 8-3. He had 20 tds and 13 ints and a QB rating over 93.

It doesnt surprise me he didn't mention it because he didn't want to let his team down. At least he tried, irresponsible as he may have been. But, the tear was real, the surgery he had was real because he actually had a major arm injury.

10. I thought he had a decent year with the exception of the last 5 games. It's hard to say how the injury affected his play, but scar tissue is a bitch. I'm sure he's a walking wound after playing football for 25+ years. Judging by his performance the last few years with GB and the Jets, playing outdoors in the cold probably doesn't help. Maybe playing in a dome with a team that could easily win HFA this year will get him back in the SB. Hell, Favre and the coaches would probably be just fine if he skipped the first 3 or 4 games of the season and maybe be a little healthier in the playoffs.

#10     Aug 18, 2009