Favre is back! ROFL

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Oct 12, 2010.

1. The team HE QB'ed last year went to the NFC championship and lost to the eventual Superbowl Champions (Peyton couldnt beat em either!). I mean, come on look at reality. He had a QB rating of 107 last year, 2nd only to Drew Brees in the entire NFL. That was better than Peyton, Brady, Warner, Roethlisburger, Romo, Rivers, Rodgers, Palmer, McNabb... and the list goes on (and at 40 years old!). He didn't have any glory handed to him, he earned it. Did he make mistakes along the way, yes I would agree he did. But lets not pretend that he did nothing to earn admiration and respect.

By the way, I don't know why either of you think Favre gets away with ending several games with picks....he gets blasted for it.

#21     Oct 12, 2010
  2. For some reason, Brett brings out amazing venom in some fans. Some of them are moron GB fans who still resent that he didn't retire when the new GM was ready to play his boy Rodgers. Why that was Brett's fault and why he "owed" it to them to retire instead of keep playing for $13 mill a year is beyond me.

How anyone could say last year was anything but one of the greatest seasons any QB has ever produced is beyond me. He was on a good team, but people forget he had a rookie receiver, harvin, who wasn't exactly polished, and another guy, Rice, who had never done anything. He mentored them and made them big time players, and they will be the first to tell you that.

The INT in the NFC championship game was basically a do or die situation. He tried to make somethng out of a busted play, when they were facing a 57 yard FG try. That diminishes his legacy somehow? I don't see it. He was the recipient of several late hits in that game, courtesy of the Saints "knock out your QB" strategy. I blame his coach for not retaliating in kind. Of course, the league had adopted the Saints as unofficial league mascots by that point, something I'm sure the officials were only too aware of.

Brett is not a game manager and never has been. He will go for the low percentage, high reward throw. It's worked a lot more times than not. At 40 he's still got a cannon of an arm.

Take the Brett hate somewhere else, because it doesn't fly with me.

#22     Oct 12, 2010
  3. And the INT late last night was essentially the same thing. 1:35 seconds left, deep in your own territory, no time outs....I mean EVERYONE in the whole stadium knows it's going to be PASS PASS and PASS some more. The defense can key almost 100% on the pass. Some people will say Oh Brett screwed up again but his team was facing a big uphill battle there. Did he miss Harvin on a critical pass....hell yeah he did. But if it were not for his 3 td passes in the 2nd half (2 of them on 3rd and more than 15 yds), they would have never been in a position to possibly win it anyways.

#23     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Wow, haven't seen this much man-love for Favre since John Madden retired.

:)

#24     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Hate, I never mentioned hating the guy. I did say I was a fan, but I'm not in love with the guy. I did say he has done some amazing things, he also has done some amazingly stupid things. There are a few QB's I'd take over him, but I'd take the good with the bad. He also has a little help with Peterson in the backfield.
    Of course the best part of last night was another Viqueens loss!!!!:D :D :D
    Oh yea, I think if he is playing when they play the Pack it is very likely he will kill them.

#25     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Peterson is great, don't get me wrong, but wasn't it Peterson who fumbled twice and botched a handoff on the NFC Championship game last year? Few ever mention that when talking about the Vikes loss.

#26     Oct 13, 2010
  7. Fireplace is right on. Favre is a gunslinger who still has plenty of gas left in the tank. I expect to see the Vikings in the Superbowl this year. As far him being a creep off the field...yawn:cool:

#27     Oct 14, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

I agree. I dont understand why people hate him so much. The reason i like him is because he is a guy playing a kids game who still goes out on the field and has fun. I like all athletes who have a true love of the game or sport they are playing.

I cant stand seeing all these players who sit on the sideline all game with a scowl on their face pissed off at the world when they are losing while getting paid tens of millions of dollars a year to play a sport which most people would play for practically nothing.

With that said, i think his age is catching up with him, he doesnt look like he is having alot of fun this year, but i guess his elbow has been sore the whole time.

I hope he heals up before the end of the season i would love to watch him win one more superbowl before he retires.

#28     Oct 14, 2010
  9. Oh I mention it all the time. I went to the U of Minn, and lived there for a year after, so go back and forth with friends all the time, and it is just for fun, but gets to be fun/ nasty. Believe me I pointed out all the Viqueens heros mistakes. lol At the same time it is just fun, and I realize I was having fun while the Pack was sitting at home. All good fun. By the way, can we send McCarthy your way? He is easily Chlidress competence, and I would love to be rid of him. I think he is more the downfall of the Pack than the players. C'mon you can use a couple more useless former Packers ROFL!

:D :D

#29     Oct 14, 2010
  10. Favre's made some awful throws tonight!

#30     Oct 24, 2010