Favourite quotes about money/markets/trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lmn, Jul 6, 2006.

1. lmn

lmn

What are your favourite quotes about money / markets / trading / investing? Thanks. :)

Mine include:

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Money always returns to its rightful owners.

2. BOOOYAHHHH
    SKIDADDI

3. Cheese

Cheese

Jeez I've wheeled out this salesman's old mantra so many times:
    "You didn't plan to fail; you just failed to plan."
    :)

4. "Take care of the losses and the profits will take care of themselves."
    "You can't shift from reverse to 1st gear without going thru neutral (rest)."

5. BCE

BCE

"I don't take risks with my money. Ever. <b>The way of the successful investor is normally to do nothing - not until you see money lying there, somewhere over in the corner, and all that is left for you to do is go over and pick it up. </b>That is how you invest. You wait until you see, or find, or stumble upon, or dig up by way of research something you think is a sure thing. Something without much risk. You do not buy unless it is cheap and unless you see positive change coming. In other words you do not buy except on rare occasions, and there are not going to be many in life where money is just lying there" - Jim Rogers.

and also.....

"You call that a position?" he (Soros after Stanley said he had a position of 1 yard/billion) said dismissingly. He encouraged me to double my position. I did, and the trade went dramatically in my favor. Soros has taught me that when you have tremendous conviction on a trade, you have to go for the jugular. <b>It takes courage to be a pig. </b>It takes courage to ride a profit with huge leverage. As far as Soros is concerned, when you're right on something, you can't own enough."

Stanley Druckenmiller talking about George Soros. Market Wizards 2, pg. 208.
    (Courtesy of DetachedTrader and Jack Schwager)

6. viola664

viola664

take money from the fool

7. tyrant

tyrant

This is a blog specifically on quotes in trading/investing.

Quotes

8. "The most valuable commodity I know of is information."

"Every battle is won before it is ever fought."

"What every trader is saying, by entering an order, is that the guy selling to him is an idiot."

"Every dog has its day."

"There are sure things...

...and then there is lying, stealing, cheating, and pillaging."

9. G.K.Chesterton

The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreasonable world, nor that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble is that it is nearly reasonable, but not quite. Life is not an illogicality; yet it is a trap for logicians. It looks just a little more mathematical and regular than it is; its exactitude is obvious, but its inexactitude is hidden; its wildness lies in wait.

10. aradiel

aradiel

"Lunch is for wimps!!"

Sorry, had to. :)

#10     Jul 6, 2006